Okay, this is my first post here although I have lurked here for the past 60 days, dreaming of the day I got my first BB and had something to post about. I am an avid tech/phone person and you have all kept me entertained and informed. Now down to business...

I just stopped by the local VZW store and the manager (former student) let me know that he received a communication today that his store is to open at 6:00 am on Friday.

The even better news...I have had problems with my I760 for the past 3 months, VZW discontinued this phone and wanted me to upgrade to a XV6800 and I have refused them...he told me he felt badly since I have been a customer for 7 years and he will let me exchange the i760 for a new storm. I feel like I have just won the Storm lotto....FREE.

Thanks for letting me in on your happy forum...Cheers to all.
    Last edited by 2Hot-n-AZ; 11-13-08 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add to title
    11-13-08 07:52 PM
    Welcome to CB!! congrats on the upgrade of the storm. WOW 6AM I guess I will be checking CB for updates next week that's good that he is helping you out.
    11-13-08 07:55 PM
    Youmean the 21st right

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 07:57 PM
    I'm not sure what opening at 6 does for me if we can get it on the 21st (even if its only online)
    11-13-08 07:59 PM
    I'm not sure what opening at 6 does for me if we can get it on the 21st (even if its only online)

Yes it is the 21st/ Friday....I need to proof what i type...woops
    11-13-08 08:03 PM
    Ok cool. Good luck my store here gets phones on thursdays. Hoping to pick one up night before.

11-13-08 08:04 PM
    Which store was this at? I'm in AZ as well and would love to join you there at 6AM next Friday
    11-13-08 08:07 PM
    sent twice see below
    Last edited by 2Hot-n-AZ; 11-13-08 at 08:12 PM.
    11-13-08 08:10 PM
    How about i PM you the address so just the two of are there and no competition
    11-13-08 08:10 PM
    Welcome to CB...
    You might want to reset the date in your title.
    My guy also in AZ said to call Thursday to confirm they're in and ready, if so i'll have one waiting Friday, but he's not opening till 9. Corp store
    So you might want to verify Thursday the 20th, that, that really is the opening time for them.....
    11-13-08 08:12 PM
    Welcome to CB...
    You might want to reset the date in your title.
    My guy also in AZ said to call Thursday to confirm they're in and ready, if so i'll have one waiting Friday, but he's not opening till 9. Corp store
    So you might want to verify Thursday the 20th, that, that really is the opening time for them.....

Thanks for the advice...Just called to make sure I didn't screw up the time and he reiterated that he will personally open the store at 6:00 am on the Friday release date...he also told me that he expects the phones to arrive on Wednesday after close (I'm just hoping that they don't open them all and play with them until friday. BTW the store is a corp store in N.Scottsdale. How about you come have a cup of hot tea early in the morning.
    11-13-08 08:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice...Just called to make sure I didn't screw up the time and he reiterated that he will personally open the store at 6:00 am on the Friday release date...he also told me that he expects the phones to arrive on Wednesday after close (I'm just hoping that they don't open them all and play with them until friday. BTW the store is a corp store in N.Scottsdale. How about you come have a cup of hot tea early in the morning.
    If I didn't have AM biz to deal with, i'd take you up on it....
    11-13-08 08:23 PM
    How about i PM you the address so just the two of are there and no competition
    Me too? I'm in Ahwatukee.
    11-13-08 08:58 PM
    Me too? I'm in Ahwatukee.
    How weird is that - we're neighbours. wow... Anyways...

Why not just order the phone online instead of going to a vzw store at 6am??

11-13-08 09:04 PM

I'm too eager to wait 'till Saturday. I've got my name in at the Go Wireless on Ray and 50th st. I'm thinking if they can confirm that they have the phone available, I'll just get it after work.
    11-13-08 09:11 PM

I would order it if I had the patience, and where is the fun in that?
    11-13-08 09:14 PM
    I would order it if I had the patience, and where is the fun in that?
    Vzw always ships my phones overnight for free - I would definitely wait for 24hrs rather than take the time off work and go to the store.

11-13-08 09:15 PM
    I'm too eager to wait 'till Saturday. I've got my name in at the Go Wireless on Ray and 50th st. I'm thinking if they can confirm that they have the phone available, I'll just get it after work.
    Lol. Patience is a virtue.

Meh. I've been in that store... Not impressed. I would just go directly to a vzw corporate store. There's one right on ray and 56th. I think its 56th anyhow. And there's a brand new one by dolce at chandler fashion square that VERY few people know about - it just opened. Shhhhhh!

11-13-08 09:17 PM
    Lol. Patience is a virtue.

Meh. I've been in that store... Not impressed. I would just go directly to a vzw corporate store. There's one right on ray and 56th. I think its 56th anyhow. And there's a brand new one by dolce at chandler fashion square that VERY few people know about - it just opened. Shhhhhh!
    By Kohls?

Yeah, the one on 54th took my name 3 weeks ago, said they would call me when they had a release date - HA. I'm on hold with them now to see if that meant anything.
    11-13-08 09:27 PM
    Which store was this at? I'm in AZ as well and would love to join you there at 6AM next Friday
    Just spoke to another Valley store, they're (not "there" or "their") also opening at 6
    11-13-08 09:31 PM
    Just spoke to another Valley store, they're (not "there" or "their") also opening at 6
    Darn it, now I will not be able to sleep next Thursday night.....aw shucks
    11-13-08 09:37 PM
    By Kohls?

Yeah, the one on 54th took my name 3 weeks ago, said they would call me when they had a release date - HA. I'm on hold with them now to see if that meant anything.
    No, right next door to pf changs.

11-13-08 09:40 PM
    Ah, I remember seeing it.
    11-13-08 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD