I also posted a suggestion in another thread.
    12-04-08 09:19 PM
    Ahh yester I haven't seen you around in forever.

At any rate.. The filter is a phenomenal idea, albeit a bit pathetic that it comes to this... Remember when CB wasn't nothing but clutters of threads full of newbies b*tching and crying and arguing? I swear - sometimes this site feels like a daycare full of spoiled brats.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hahaha, ya been busy with family and work..... But it's all good, glad to be back for sometime... until Christmas hits lol

Yeah this place has changed since I was gone lol....

What the **** happened.
    12-04-08 09:21 PM
    Well, good to see you back yester. I was also a bit disheartened after returning to CB after a brief hiatus.

Superbad, I see you up there giggling...

12-04-08 09:23 PM
    I Agree I like the stickies!
    12-04-08 09:47 PM
    I'm just glad the site is up and running again.....I can deal with the stickies!!! but there are a lot...
    12-04-08 09:50 PM
    I think EVERY post should be a sticky
    12-04-08 10:00 PM
    I think EVERY post should be a sticky
    Hehehehehehehehehehehe.

12-04-08 10:01 PM
    I agree there are too many but a lot of folks dont have and will not have their phones for a minute. Those folks may find those stickies useful down the line, no?
    12-04-08 10:07 PM
    Stickies are transient so they will change with time. CrackBerry has changed too. It has gotten much bigger and there is a lot less knowledge about. There is also a marked resistance from new users to take advise, let alone search.

I try to help and learn from all my posts and have now got to the point where if I post and am ignored by a bunch of newbies, I just move on and let them sink. There have been whole thread of late where the total post count of the members does not exceed 20 and they are ranting on, quite wrongly, about things that are simple to fix and when I tell 'em, then next post is a rant so I let them have their fun.

I also think that being a mod does not help here since some of the younger members see mods a a police force.

Good to see ya back Jenay. I too dipped out for a few days. From this post, you can guess why.
    12-05-08 06:03 AM
    Stickies are transient so they will change with time. CrackBerry has changed too. It has gotten much bigger and there is a lot less knowledge about. There is also a marked resistance from new users to take advise, let alone search.

I try to help and learn from all my posts and have now got to the point where if I post and am ignored by a bunch of newbies, I just move on and let them sink. There have been whole thread of late where the total post count of the members does not exceed 20 and they are ranting on, quite wrongly, about things that are simple to fix and when I tell 'em, then next post is a rant so I let them have their fun.

I also think that being a mod does not help here since some of the younger members see mods a a police force.

Good to see ya back Jenay. I too dipped out for a few days. From this post, you can guess why.
    Those statements should be noted again. It's exactly why some of the more experienced and established members no longer wanting to visit the forums. There is nothing wrong with increasing traffic. But in my opinion, there is a problem when it is also driving away respected members. I bet we could name at least a half dozen members who will not come around any more for that exact reason.
    Last edited by sunkast; 12-05-08 at 10:39 AM.
    12-05-08 10:37 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD