I was at a bar tonight and some one pick pocketed me and stole my phone... I have insurance now but i want to find out who stole... Is there anything i can do.. i have gps enabled and everything.. What can i do suggestions please!! thanks
    12-13-08 02:53 AM
    for starters do you have a password on the device..

secondly call verizon immediatly to deactivate the phone

thirdly do you have the esn number and pin?

and last but not least is the phone still locked.. or did you unlock it
    12-13-08 02:55 AM
    yes i have the esn number and pin..no i do not have a password ...i think its locked how do you unlock it if i would have.. i dont think i have ... i want to find the scumbag that stole it
    12-13-08 03:01 AM
    These phones need lojack installed in them. This sucks and call Verizon to blacklist it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 03:23 AM
    is there anyway id be able to track down the phone??
    12-13-08 03:25 AM
    Why don't you call your phone and tell them you will give a reward. No questions asked all i want is my phone back. Other than that your sol.
    12-13-08 03:35 AM
    are you on BES? if your on BES your admin and lock and wipe the device so its worthless.

and verizon can blscklist it.

i dont know if you can do it withoit installing anything on the phone but my plan when my brothers was stolen was to call verizon, and ask them to activate that child locator service for parents on the phone. i assume they just turn it on, it uses the phones agps and then tells you where it is on a website.

i like you, had nothing else on my mind but finding the person.

of course when you call verizon to ask for the child locator service dont tell them it was stolen, they will never turn it on then. its too much liability for them if you kill the person or they kill you in the process of retrieving it.

in the end the phone was found, it wasnt stolen, so all was ok.

but you clearly had your stolen.
    12-13-08 03:40 AM
    the reason I ask if you had a password.. is because after 10 attempts the device will self wipe if incorrect..

without a password the thief now has access to whatever you had on the phone..
    12-13-08 03:51 AM
    i didnt have much on it i just received the replacement.. i dont get how they cant do anything
    12-13-08 05:33 AM
    mikeyt4e, not that this will help with the stolen phone, but in the future, take all the precautions mentioned by the other CB members and also, I would purchase software called Get It Back. This enables you as the user to lock your phone from any computer, and they will give you the GPS location of your phone, plus much more. Here is the link:

Convenience Software

Good luck!
    12-13-08 05:51 AM
    Definately go the child locator route. Tell the cops someone abducted your baby. You won't be lying either...
    12-13-08 06:04 AM
    Definately go the child locator route. Tell the cops someone abducted your baby. You won't be lying either...
    Yes you will be and they (Law Enforcement) WILL NOT see the humor!
    12-13-08 06:33 AM
    they know my age i cant use that
    12-13-08 07:01 AM
    Check your bill & call any numbers that dialed after the phone was stolen. If you harrass the people long enough maybe they will give up the person who has it. With a phone like this they may hold on to it untell they can't use it anymore & then will sell it or trash it. If it was available to use any tracking application it would have had to have the application installed on the device before you lost it.
    12-13-08 07:35 AM
    Ouch!! No password. Protect your contacts and information, always password protect your phone.
    12-13-08 07:49 AM
    yeah im going to find this person
    12-13-08 10:50 AM
    i believe vzw has the ability to locate the phone by searching what towers it is connected to... so as it is not an exact location, you can get a general idea. Definitly get the police involved.
    12-13-08 11:06 AM
    You have insurance so just call verizon, tell them you lost your phone and get a new one. What are you going to do if you find the person? Kick their *** and getting arrested for assault?
    12-13-08 12:03 PM
    thats why i love BES...

send a wipe command and you are set
    12-13-08 12:44 PM
    thats why i love BES...

send a wipe command and you are set
    What is BES and how do i get this such service?
    12-13-08 12:50 PM
    BES is for corporate users
    12-13-08 01:21 PM
    You have insurance so just call verizon, tell them you lost your phone and get a new one. What are you going to do if you find the person? Kick their *** and getting arrested for assault?
    They didn't lose it, it was stolen!
    I wouldn't recommend lying to VZW. Two wrongs don't make a right. Try to maintain some form of integrity.
    Best of luck getting it back, I would be very upset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 03:51 PM
    Ouch!! No password. Protect your contacts and information, always password protect your phone.
    Does this mean we have to put in a password to answer the phone. I'm a BB newbie so I am not familiar with locking but it sounds like a great idea. I'd love to know how to do it and what it actually locks. Thanks!!!
    12-13-08 09:29 PM
    If you don't mind jail time and a criminal history, go get that SOB who "kidnapped" your "baby"!!
    But, if you do mind, I would recommend calling up Big Red and getting a new one through your insurance.
    Best of luck.
    12-13-08 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD