I updated a storm and some how the contact list has disappered. all the contacts were stored on the sim Ive tried batt pull after batt pull,and pulled the sim ,setup wiz import sim still nothing. is it possable it deleted during updating process? Im about to give up on it. any suggestion comment?
    11-16-09 05:41 PM
    Didn't you back up your phone before you updated? I not, you could look for the "Loader Backup" that was created when you updated, and do a restore in DM from that. Mine is located in my documents folder.

I've never heard of a BB being able to restore contacts from a Sim card. From what I know a Sim just stores a name and one number per contact, and nothing else. I think the BB just gets confused with it. Not sure though.
    11-16-09 06:23 PM
    When ya did the upgrade, did you backup first?

If ya did, then just restore the contacts database thru DM backup/restore utility.

If not, ya might look in your My Documents for a backup file that is typically created when a OS upgrade is performed.

It is possible something got screwed or corrupted during the upgrade process, but if ya have a backup available you should be able to recover your contacts.

If ya don't have a backup available, well... Ya might be SOL, although if you had your contacts on your SIM, there's no reason they shouldn't still be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 06:31 PM
    It was downloaded directly for vzw and and installed thru the dm. ill check every thing you guys have talked about hopfully it will work out if not i had to create it to start with.
    thanks for everyone's help
    11-16-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD