Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset that I am able to listen to music with and also talk on the phone. The one that came with the phone isn't all that great. I like the idea of earbuds, and I don't see it worth spending a lot of money for them... say $40 or so.
    12-04-08 11:00 AM
    Try the Motorola S9...

Motorola S9 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - CellXpo.com

It's Bluetooth. Should do the trick.
    12-04-08 12:41 PM
    Jabra BT3030 they rock - I use them with my Sony Ear Buds.
    12-04-08 12:46 PM
    I have the S9's, they are great. U can even use it as a headset for answering calls.
    12-04-08 01:00 PM
    Anatomically I guess everyone is different, but I find the S9's to be SUPER uncomfortable. I can only wear them for an hour before I have to take them off for a while. And that is with the round buds that I found to be the most comfortable out of what was in there. Now that I type this, I remember someone recommending the Jabra ear buds which fit on the posts, may have to try those.

Supposedly the S9HD is much more comfortable.
    12-04-08 01:20 PM
    I have the Motorola Bluetooth stereo headset (HT820) on-ears that sound great. I've had them well over a year and they sound as good as the day I bought them. All controls on the headset. The music pauses during a call automatically and resumes.
    12-04-08 01:29 PM
    Those things look rediculous on people. Not my style though. Just a personal preference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 01:31 PM
    i have that too, i love being able to use my own iem's
    12-04-08 01:48 PM
    The Motorola S9-HD is the BEST bluetooth headphones out there-in terms of using for listening to music. Sound is terrific. Comfortable to wear. Sometimes I forget I have them on. Bass is top of the line. A must purchase if you listen to MP3s on your Curve
    12-26-08 11:11 PM
    I have the LG one that they sell vow, which works great. My friend order the samsung from best Buy's site for 140+, works great for the money. Both are BT.

12-26-08 11:50 PM
    I just received the Jaybird 200 bluetooth headset because they looked great online (since I'm a very active person). I can now official tell EVERYONE on Crackberry, "DO NOT BUY THESE!" Very uncomfortable, give you major "Dumbo Ears", continuous sound cut-out when phone is in pants pocket (as in, unlistenable), and all-together unimpressive.

Am immediately sending them back and am going back to my S9's (Not HD). I originally wanted to replace them because I found the sound quality inferior (which it is to good earbuds), but at least the streaming was unaffected from having phone in your pants. They ARE quite uncomfortable as previous poster said... Only about 1.5 hours tops for me before my head throbs.

But for the 30 bucks I spent on them, i say go for the s9s
    12-26-08 11:50 PM
    The Motorola S9-HD is the BEST bluetooth headphones out there-in terms of using for listening to music. Sound is terrific. Comfortable to wear. Sometimes I forget I have them on. Bass is top of the line. A must purchase if you listen to MP3s on your Curve
    I completely agree. I bought these from Best Buy with the intention of returning them after vacation because I thought they were too expensive and I could get cheaper ones online (yes, I'm cheap like that!). But now, I have no intention of returning them. They are awesome. I have no prior experience with Bluetooth stereo headphones, but these are 100 times better than I imagined they would be. A definite must buy.
    12-27-08 04:34 AM
    I have the Motorola Bluetooth stereo headset (HT820) on-ears that sound great. I've had them well over a year and they sound as good as the day I bought them. All controls on the headset. The music pauses during a call automatically and resumes.
    I just purchased these about a week ago to use at the gym when I work out. The stereo sound is very good and people have told me they hear me fine over the phone using them. I bought them "refurbished" I think they where about $45. They take some getting used to and at first I thought they were uncomfortable, but once they "stretched-out" a little they are just fine. The controls - volume, skip to next track, answer phone - are very easy to use.
    12-27-08 04:45 AM
    Give the Lubix NC1's a shot. Good bang for the buck... and even better with the regular Jabra ear gels.
    12-27-08 04:48 AM
    Does the calls come in stereo in the S9's in the headset and is the volume able to be turned up sufficiently? (I am slightly hard of hearing) I am almost sold on these if I could only get these questions answered.
    01-11-09 10:54 AM
    The Motorola S9 I tried them they lasted about a week before they malfunctioned. After searching the web I saw this was a very commune occurrence. They Sounded terrific a little uncomfortable. Hopefully they made changes on these headphones and they work better .
    01-11-09 12:24 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good stereo headset that I am able to listen to music with and also talk on the phone. The one that came with the phone isn't all that great. I like the idea of earbuds, and I don't see it worth spending a lot of money for them... say $40 or so.
    at that price point, your best bet is the RIM premium stereo headphones. these are the headphones that came with the storm in canada and with the bold. verizon sells them online for 30 bucks. you can also find them on ebay for around 15 shipped.

01-11-09 01:20 PM
    I agree plus the remote can do more stuff like control media player and center if your pc has Blue tooth connection. Kind of what apples has on their computer you know the little controller.
    01-11-09 01:38 PM
    I also have the Motorola S9. Great sound. Works both as headphones and a headset.
    01-11-09 01:57 PM
    do phone calls come in both ears in the S9's?
    01-11-09 02:11 PM
    I bought a wired stereo headset from the local verizon store and I think they are excellent for music and call quality. They are the ear bud type with silicone rubber ear tips. There's an inline mic on the right bud with a disconnect button. The wiring is made out of grey woven nylon cord and it's very strong. The ear buds have i-DIGI printed on them. All this for $29.99

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-11-09 at 02:16 PM.
    01-11-09 02:14 PM
    the s9 and s9-HD are the same right?

does the s9-hd have better mp3 and call audio quality than the premium earphones that come with the Bold?

how does the s9-hd affect battery life on the storm...does it drain it very fast?
    01-11-09 02:22 PM
    ...and only in the left ear.

I just received the S9's, I like them.

My experience so far is that the S9's they stay on your head better than the ear buds when you are moving around. So they will probably stay on your head better than most phones running on the treadmill. The behind the head style works well if you have to wear other headgear like a helmet or face guard. So they have been great while working in the wood shop. As good as that is, wearing them if you are sitting in a high backed chair is somewhat annoying.

The controls on the headset work OK, and are easy to get used to.

Sound quality is very good, but not great. When I do serious listening I definitely reach for my wired, noise canceling headphones.

And what everyone says is true...they are not the most comfortable headset you will ever own.
    01-11-09 02:24 PM
    I bought a wired stereo headset from the local verizon store and I think they are excellent for music and call quality. They are the ear bud type with silicone rubber ear tips. There's an inline mic on the right bud with a disconnect button. The wiring is made out of grey woven nylon cord and it's very strong. The ear buds have i-DIGI printed on them. All this for $29.99

I got a set on ebay for like $11. They are awesome. The one I got just have a really thick rubber cord. But I guess RIM is coming out with ones like the premiums but with play and skip buttons on it. There is a article on it at crackberry home page
    01-11-09 02:27 PM
    I use the
    Jabra BT8010 and I love them. You can use one or both. When you use both watch out..... They are the best headset that I have used to date.
    I found them on the web from as low at 29.99 up to over 150.00.....

They are well worth the money.....
    01-11-09 03:04 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD