is there any reason I am not getting those stars on my icons when I get an email or sms or mms?
    11-23-08 10:26 AM
    it means you have a new message or some type of notification
    11-23-08 10:29 AM
    it means you have a new message or some type of notification
    learn to read... that is NOT what the OP was asking at ALL.
    11-23-08 10:30 AM
    woah no need to be rude, i thought they were asking what the stars were, people misread things. I was just trying to help out.
    Last edited by soccerplayer; 11-23-08 at 10:37 AM.
    11-23-08 10:32 AM
    is there any reason I am not getting those stars on my icons when I get an email or sms or mms?
    Odd, have you done a battery pull yet, also I had to reregister 3 times to get my browser, ALSO did you change your pin info on the vzw bis site??? That might be it..

vzw bis site
    11-23-08 10:36 AM
    Im a he ,,ya I am NOT getting them ,wasnt sure why.
    11-23-08 10:37 AM

I am really glad most of the people on here are so helpful, I cannot for the life of me understand a response like that.
    11-23-08 10:40 AM
    did a battery pull.I changed pin..just not sure,also have an email attachment problem,there suppose to download attachments automaticly but its not
    11-23-08 10:54 AM
    I am getting the star notification on my Messages icon but not on my e-mail inbox. How can I get a star to appear on my e-mail inbox too when I have a new e-mail?
    11-23-08 04:56 PM
    Are you getting the star on the individual folders just not the overall messages folder? If you're not getting it on the messages folder then you need to combine e-mail/sms folders
    11-23-08 04:59 PM
    im just getting it on sms icon not the messages icon
    11-23-08 05:01 PM
    im just getting it on sms icon not the messages icon
    that means you havent combined all your folders into the messages folder and they are only alerting you in their individual folder.

to consolidate all of them so all your messages go into the messages folder and the star comes up you do the following:

messages > menu > general options > sms and email inboxes > combined
    11-23-08 05:05 PM
    you shouldnt have to combine them to get the little star alert on both icons>>>
    11-23-08 05:10 PM
    Are you getting the star on the individual folders just not the overall messages folder? If you're not getting it on the messages folder then you need to combine e-mail/sms folders
    I am getting it on both my main Messages inbox and the SMS/MMS inbox but just not on my e-mail inbox. I used to get it on my e-mail inbox until I removed and readded my e-mail this morning. Help me get that little red star back please. I have checked and do not get the star whether the inboxes are Separated, Combined, or Theme Controlled.
    11-23-08 05:42 PM
    I am getting it on both my main Messages inbox and the SMS/MMS inbox but just not on my e-mail inbox. I used to get it on my e-mail inbox until I removed and readded my e-mail this morning. Help me get that little red star back please. I have checked and do not get the star whether the inboxes are Separated, Combined, or Theme Controlled.
    go to messages > menu > options > general options > and make sure that the 'display new message indicator' is on 'yes'
    11-23-08 06:37 PM
    I removed and readded my gmail account a few times to get IMAP working properly and I had the same issue. What I did was delete the email from the blackberry, then delete all messages on the blackberry from the email account out of the main MESSAGES folder (since you deleted the account connection it won't delete them out of your actual email account), then readded the email through the BIS website. I'll be honest, I had to delete and readd a few times until it worked. You'll know it's working properly when you get the new message star on the email account from the "Account Active!" email.

I found no way to get it working without deleting and readding it a few times.
    11-23-08 06:43 PM
    go to messages > menu > options > general options > and make sure that the 'display new message indicator' is on 'yes'
    It has been set to "Yes" but I decided to try to turn it off and then back on. Doing this seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks for your help, imann.

Argh, it actually didn't. Here's what happened...

If the "Display New Message Indicator" is set to "No" initially when I get a new message and then I change the setting to "Yes" the star will appear on both my Messages inbox and the e-mail inbox. However, after viewing the e-mail(s) the star icon will disappear on the Messages icon but be stuck on the e-mail inbox icon.

If the "Display New Message Indicator" is set to "Yes" and I receive an e-mail then I get the original problem of no star icon on the e-mail inbox. Help!
    Last edited by xan8470; 11-23-08 at 07:01 PM.
    11-23-08 06:52 PM
    I removed and readded my gmail account a few times to get IMAP working properly and I had the same issue. What I did was delete the email from the blackberry, then delete all messages on the blackberry from the email account out of the main MESSAGES folder (since you deleted the account connection it won't delete them out of your actual email account), then readded the email through the BIS website. I'll be honest, I had to delete and readd a few times until it worked. You'll know it's working properly when you get the new message star on the email account from the "Account Active!" email.

I found no way to get it working without deleting and readding it a few times.
    Okay, thanks for the heads up, garath. I'll try this a few times right now...
    11-23-08 07:02 PM
    I had the same issue and a battery pull cleared things up for me.
    11-23-08 07:17 PM
    It has been set to "Yes" but I decided to try to turn it off and then back on. Doing this seems to have fixed my problem. Thanks for your help, imann.

Argh, it actually didn't. Here's what happened...

If the "Display New Message Indicator" is set to "No" initially when I get a new message and then I change the setting to "Yes" the star will appear on both my Messages inbox and the e-mail inbox. However, after viewing the e-mail(s) the star icon will disappear on the Messages icon but be stuck on the e-mail inbox icon.

If the "Display New Message Indicator" is set to "Yes" and I receive an e-mail then I get the original problem of no star icon on the e-mail inbox. Help!
    You combined all the messaging right? if its combined you won't get the star on the e-mail inbox only on the messaging inbox because everything goes into that one.

So what do you want? Do you want the star for everything to be on messaging? Or do you want separate folders for different messaging options?
    11-23-08 07:28 PM
    You combined all the messaging right? if its combined you won't get the star on the e-mail inbox only on the messaging inbox because everything goes into that one.

So what do you want? Do you want the star for everything to be on messaging? Or do you want separate folders for different messaging options?
    Removing and readding the e-mail account fixed the star notification issues I was having. I now get it on both the Messages icon and my e-mail icon and it appears and disappears properly. Thanks so far.

I have a related inquiry that I'm not sure is possible. I also get the star notification to appear on my BB Messenger when I get a new message. Is there a way to get that same star notification on the Messages icon as well as on the BB Messenger icon?
    11-23-08 07:58 PM
    Im actually getting a star now and no emails,this is getting frustrating
    11-23-08 08:09 PM
    Do a batt pull and you should be fine. That happened to me when I went from POP3 to IMAP
    11-23-08 08:20 PM
    Removing and readding my e-mail account worked for me.
    11-23-08 08:26 PM
    This has been happening to me randomly for quite awhile. Goes back and forth. Haven't found the cause yet....but someone posted that it could be linked to the x4 setup. Doesn't make much sense...and although it's minor....it is annoying. Can only hope this is added to the numerous other little bugs in the OS update.
    11-28-08 12:40 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD