Alright I have researched for about 2 days now and I haven't found anyone with this specific problem. I was given a BB Storm 9530. I am trying to get it to work so I can possibly get it to work on US Cellular but thats another post. Anyways, when i plug the BB into the wall or computer it gives me a solid red light..stays on for a few seconds..cuts back off, the lights light up then i get the solid red once again. This will happen about 3-6 times. Sometimes I will get the black screen and a little spinning clock. That screen stays until I pull the battery. Other times it will give me a white screen with a battery and a lightning bolt through it. That screen stays on for about 3 mins then cuts off and goes to the black screen with the spinning clock. I have tried the 101 lecture and used the AppLoader. I can get the Unknown USB as get through the process but about half way through it says reconnect your decvice and restart. I do this but it keeps giving me the same error message. Throughout the process the BB will disconnect itself from the computer and restart over and over. I even downloaded BBSAK and it says I dont have a device connected.

Can anyone help? Is it the battery or is this thing just fried beyond repair? The lady I got it from said it worked fine with she had it, it was just randomly calling people when she got a new phone.
    10-07-10 05:44 PM
    I had the same problem. It was because the battery was totally depleted and could not charge through the computer. I had to use my wall charger, but also, when you pull the battery, make sure you press and hold the red disconnect button for about 15 or 20 seconds after you pull.

The problem did resolve once I was able to get a charge on the battery. The OTHER problem of freezing, well, that's another post. Anyway, hope this helps
    10-08-10 04:13 AM
    the red disconnect button...are you talking about the power button on the front bc thats the only red button I see
    10-08-10 01:50 PM
    I tried that about 4 times with no avail. If anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I ordered a battery off amazon, should be here in about a week so hopefully that will fix it.
    10-08-10 05:10 PM
    Correction. My buddy with a storm just let me try his battery. Did the samething mine did..im clueless now

also..when i go to reload the OS, I can get to the point where it loads the JVM and system software but when it comes to waiting for the device to initialize, the BB will turn itself off..buttons light up for a second then it goes to the solid red light. The application loader will say "Application Loader was unable to connect to your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry" but the BB was never disconnected..it was plugged in the whole time. After clicking retry about 5 times, the BB will go to the black screen with the spinning clock in the middle. At this point, the computer doesnt recognize the BB at all.
    Last edited by brandonorr06; 10-08-10 at 05:40 PM.
    10-08-10 05:23 PM
    Correction. My buddy with a storm just let me try his battery. Did the samething mine did..im clueless now

also..when i go to reload the OS, I can get to the point where it loads the JVM and system software but when it comes to waiting for the device to initialize, the BB will turn itself off..buttons light up for a second then it goes to the solid red light. The application loader will say "Application Loader was unable to connect to your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry" but the BB was never disconnected..it was plugged in the whole time. After clicking retry about 5 times, the BB will go to the black screen with the spinning clock in the middle. At this point, the computer doesnt recognize the BB at all.
    That's the death rattle. Sorry bro time for a new device. My wife's did the same exact thing a while back and nothing fixed it. At the time it was still under warranty and verizon replaced it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD