Apologies if this is been discussed already.

Anyone else have the problem where during the middle of a phone call the speakerphone activates itself? I look at the phone, and the call screen will be in horizontal mode, and tilting the phone doesn't put it back to vertical.

Its definitely not that I've hit buttons with my cheek since I have Screenlock on. I've had this problem throughout all the OS updates I've done. Currently on .113 9500.
    03-12-09 11:53 AM
    Same thing happened to me when I had 109 on my 9530...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:56 AM
    Any chance your cheek is hitting the speakerphone button? Try talklock or stormlock. Both are free programs
    03-12-09 12:13 PM
    Me too but only when its charging

03-12-09 01:39 PM
    I've had this same problem before, but I believe it was from my cheeck hitting the buttons. So now I just exit to the phone screen & problem solved.
    03-12-09 01:51 PM
    I agree with brendanpsmith, try TalkLock. It works great for me and is easy to back out of if you want to manually convert to speaker or use some other phone function.
    03-12-09 01:55 PM
    I have Talklock and still speakerphone turns on while its charging on my car charger. This does not happen with my wall charger. My car charger is an OEM one I picked up from Best Buy.
    03-12-09 02:24 PM
    Like I said I'm using Screenlock so theres no reason why my cheek should be hitting any buttons.

Also when I was using Talklock, the same thing still happened!
    03-12-09 07:37 PM
    I noticed the same thing. It has happened to me about 3 times.

It seems to only happen when I am on a call for a long time.

The second thing I noticed is that it seems to happen when I move from lying down to sitting up, or vice versa...

I'm thinking that these programs that auto lock the screen when a call comes in are somehow causing an incompatibility issue with the Accelerometer.

Also, up until last night I was using ScreenLock, but I have now switched to StormLock.

I didn't switch because of speakerphone issue.
    The reason I switched is that StormLock is User Programmable.

1.) The ability to set a delay in seconds before StormLock activates once an incoming or outgoing call is initiated.
    2.) The ability to customize the lock message.
    3.) The ability to blacklist StormLock from activating on calls to/from particular numbers assigned by the user.
    4.) The ability to use StormLock at ANY time through a system menu.
    Last edited by JSal69; 03-15-09 at 09:20 AM.
    03-15-09 08:45 AM
    I've also had this problem through a host of OSes, which leads me to think its ScreenLock on my phone and not the OS that's causing the problem.

And yes, when this happens my screen is stuck in landscape as well. I fix this by deactivating ScreenLock (pressing escape) and then everything works well.

03-15-09 09:37 AM
    Try TalkLock or StormLock, which disables the ability for the cheek to activate the speakerphone button as well as others. Hope this helps.
    03-15-09 10:06 AM
    I have stormlock. This has only happened to me once and I was lying down, phone was charging and I was on a long call. So think that some of the people above are on the right path.

03-15-09 10:52 AM
    Hi, i can confirm it has nothing to do with any of these lock programs, as i do not have any on my phone.

That being said, it is always happening for me on calls that are over 30 minutes long, which also confirms when this was happening for another user... Seems to happen a lot more often after 60 minutes.

Also, every time, i have been charging it with the USB port. This must be the same issue as the Car charger, which has probably less "juice" than the wall charger, might have something to do with it...

And finally, this is also happening a lot when i am lying down, you can exit the phone screen that might work, but even then in the main menu, it might still happen, and every time, it is always in landscape mode, switching it back to Portrait will fix it and will not be in speaker phone.

This is annoying, and can easily interrupt a discussion, which makes people angry and want to hang up.

Providers/Vendors should fix this issue so people talk longer on their phone, so more money for them... and less throwing of storms in windows...

Another angry user and owner of a storm because its a given business phone, and would probably have a HTC phone if it was a personnal phone ;P
    05-14-09 10:35 PM
    is there any way to fix this problem because i have the same problem while talking on the phone for a long period of time and the speaker phone turns on then turns off randomly and it occurs a couple times during the conversation and no my cheeks arent touching the screen
    08-23-09 12:45 AM
    I also have been experiencing this problem and can confirm that it is nothing to do with any screen lock apps as I also am not running any of them. Also this is happening to me on long calls (15 plus minutes) while plugged in (AC) and when shifting positions lying down. This was bugging me so much I did some investigating and figured out something unusual. See if the following happens to you, make a call to a line you know wont pick up. Then unplug the phone from power, orient the phone horizontally (landscape) and plug it back in. For me everytime this causes the automatic switch to speakerphone/landscape. Wonder when and how this will be addressed.
    10-17-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD