how come i am only able to find speaker docking systems for the IPHONE and non for BB.? i was looking and BOSE has acouple of nice ones that sound awesome but only for the IPHONE. does anyone support Blackberry? why does IPHONE get all the love? i would love to dock my Storm and listen to Pandora or Slacker with great sound. anyone know of anything?
    06-13-09 10:38 PM
    storm has been out 7 months, iphone a couple years.....BB are not meant for play really either so the demand is not near as much. You have ipods too that would fit in the same design as iphone. Give the market time and some will pop up.
    06-13-09 10:54 PM
    cmon people
    06-15-09 03:10 PM
    cmon people
    This is desperately needed. The sound quality from the Storm is clearly superior to the iPhone.

I don't know the technical standards but I have used the Blackberry Bluetooth Sound Transfer piece(whatever RIMM calls it) and played it thru my Home Theater set up and it sounds very good. When I use my iPod Nano and do the same with a Bluetooth connecting piece, the sound quality is not close.

JMO. But I agree with you. There needs to be a better product and soon!
    06-15-09 04:32 PM
    My wife has all the iPod stuff. Her iPod speakers have an aux input. I bought a 12" cable and rest my storm in the iPod docking area. Pandora sounds great!
    06-15-09 04:38 PM
    It wouldn't be a dock with controls/charging but you could always just use the 1/8" headphone jack. I use a 1/8" -> RCA and plug into my home stereo. Sounds great.
    06-15-09 05:22 PM
    I use the Altec Lansing inMotion bluetooth Stereo speaker system in my office and it works great! For travel, I use the Motorola ROKR EQ5 rechargable BT speaker and the sound is very full and rich for a 3" x 5" speaker. You can even power it for long-term listening via USB. Makes it very nice to listen to cached Slacker Radio in the hotel room.
    06-15-09 07:18 PM
    Yea, I dont know if they will make a dock for the storm. Someone should make an attachment that goes into the storm and then into the ipod holder. It doesnt sound like it would be that hard...
    06-15-09 10:02 PM
    This is desperately needed. The sound quality from the Storm is clearly superior to the iPhone.

I don't know the technical standards but I have used the Blackberry Bluetooth Sound Transfer piece(whatever RIMM calls it) and played it thru my Home Theater set up and it sounds very good. When I use my iPod Nano and do the same with a Bluetooth connecting piece, the sound quality is not close.

JMO. But I agree with you. There needs to be a better product and soon!
    That is because Apple doesn't support the AD2P profile for bluetooth yet. I think that their next iphone is touting that but the best you can do there is preorder it. I have the jabra BT3030 receiver that you can plug and standard set of headphones into that I plug into my Bose companion 2 speaker set that sounds great.
    06-15-09 10:07 PM
    Yea, I dont know if they will make a dock for the storm. Someone should make an attachment that goes into the storm and then into the ipod holder. It doesnt sound like it would be that hard...
    The problem is that the audio doesn't come out through the USB port on the phone. Just the speaker, headphone jack, and Bluetooth.
    06-15-09 10:09 PM
    I use the Altec Lansing inMotion bluetooth Stereo speaker system in my office and it works great! For travel, I use the Motorola ROKR EQ5 rechargable BT speaker and the sound is very full and rich for a 3" x 5" speaker. You can even power it for long-term listening via USB. Makes it very nice to listen to cached Slacker Radio in the hotel room.

I was looking for something when I travel and the EQ5 looks nice. Just wondering did you consider the EQ7 at all? It doesn't have a rechargeable battery but reviews say sound is better.
    06-15-09 10:31 PM
    RIM needs to take it to the next level and quick. Blackberry is no longer just for business. If i wanted a Blackberry with a qwerty i would have bought a Curve a long time ago, although i wouldn't mind a Storm-like sliding qwerty device. The Storm is hopefully the beginning of more media focused devices for consumers. The business side can have their Curves and Bolds. Give a touchscreen with a faster then Iphone OS and music accessories that trounce Iphone and you have a winner. ITS ALL ABOUT MUSIC.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 06-15-09 at 10:51 PM.
    06-15-09 10:47 PM
    how come i am only able to find speaker docking systems for the IPHONE and non for BB.? i was looking and BOSE has acouple of nice ones that sound awesome but only for the IPHONE. does anyone support Blackberry? why does IPHONE get all the love? i would love to dock my Storm and listen to Pandora or Slacker with great sound. anyone know of anything?
    You mention Bose, but say you are looking for great sound - you can't have both!
    06-15-09 10:48 PM
    The Storm is dead...
    You won't find a dock for it.
    06-15-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD