what was the point in those two rubber bumpers next to the speakers on the back? with the storm laying flat on the table and when i type, the storm wobbles.
    04-10-09 07:43 PM
    Anti skid. It wobbles because of the rubber contact point just below the camera lens.
    04-10-09 07:51 PM
    And, it elevates the speaker slightly off of the surface so it can be more easily heard. For instance it you place it on a table with a table cloth...
    04-10-09 07:53 PM
    If you notice there's anotherbumper underneath the camera. Pretty sure its so you don't scratch the **** out of your battery cover when you set it down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 07:59 PM
    They are poorly placed for your use to type while on table, but perform the task of elevating the speaker as well as keeping the back of the phone from scratching up. Perhaps try putting some of those small pads to help on the edges if it's not too aesthetically displeasing.
    04-10-09 07:59 PM
    My Storm is never really that responsive while typing on a table or lying flat for that matter. And yes I would think the battery cover would be pretty scratched up without the rubber bumpers. Might scratch up the camera lens as well!
    04-10-09 08:05 PM
    My Storm is never really that responsive while typing on a table or lying flat for that matter. And yes I would think the battery cover would be pretty scratched up without the rubber bumpers. Might scratch up the camera lens as well!
    This has been discussed in another thread. Something about having to be touching another part of the phone for the static field to sense your touch.

04-10-09 08:18 PM
    And, it elevates the speaker slightly off of the surface so it can be more easily heard. For instance it you place it on a table with a table cloth...
    Ding ding ding. The winner.

04-10-09 10:52 PM
    Exactly -- the speakerphone function would be useless without the bumpers. This is the first thread I've ever heard of people trying to type on the Storm when flat on the table; it sounds horribly impractical for a device that was meant to be used in your hands.
    04-10-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD