is there any way turning this off or is there work around nothing worse than taking pic and hearing the click
    04-15-09 04:38 PM
    Or is it "nothing worse than taking a pic and the girl hearing the click"?

Search the forum. There's a workaround but I ain't colluding with possible deviant behavior
    04-15-09 04:43 PM
    Nope sorry I'm pretty sure its a law that all phones have that sound now because of pervs taking up-skirt pictures.
    04-15-09 04:44 PM
    I want my shutter sound to say "hey! I'm secretly taking creepy pictures of you without you knowing"
    Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 04:53 PM

Search the forum. There's a workaround but I ain't colluding with possible deviant behavior
    Haha that's hilarious
    04-15-09 04:58 PM
    Just cough or clear your throat when you take her picture so she doesn't hear the click. lol
    04-15-09 05:04 PM
    just take the picture! and if the girl turns around just say "its my ringtone! stop being nosey!!"
    04-15-09 05:09 PM
    When did CB remove the search function?
    04-15-09 05:10 PM
    just take the picture! and if the girl turns around just say "its my ringtone! stop being nosey!!"
    But what if the concern isn't if the girl turns around... but if "if the girl looks down"?
    04-15-09 05:14 PM
    But what if the concern isn't if the girl turns around... but if "if the girl looks down"?
    Then you get a face shot...
    04-15-09 05:16 PM

Workarounds with voicemail or applications, I assume?
    I'd like to have it disabled, too. No, I'm not a perv, well . . . Not an extreme one.
    But I don't want every head to turn, just because I was taking a picture of some random street scene or a building or whatever, and people that only heard the sound asking me "did you take a picture of me? Huh?"
    Plus, pervs can still use the video cam, no sound there.
    With my old phone (Siemens) there was a way to get into the firmware and rename the according soundfile, shouldn't this be possible with the storm as well?

04-15-09 05:19 PM
    Before throwing a blanket over all of us, keep in mind some of us have small children ( my 1st is a month old tomorrow) and I don't want the loud freakin shutter sound to wake the baby when I'm trying to capture precious moments. So please don't generalize
    04-15-09 05:31 PM
    Workarounds with voicemail or applications, I assume?
    I'd like to have it disabled, too. No, I'm not a perv, well . . . Not an extreme one.
    But I don't want every head to turn, just because I was taking a picture of some random street scene or a building or whatever, and people that only heard the sound asking me "did you take a picture of me? Huh?"
    Plus, pervs can still use the video cam, no sound there.
    With my old phone (Siemens) there was a way to get into the firmware and rename the according soundfile, shouldn't this be possible with the storm as well?

Ok, seriously for a sec. The audible click is a non-issue for me. Most my pics have been taken in bars where the click is the least of the worries. Blinding half the room is a much higher priority.

Yes there are ways around it, I believe someone posted several links how. As far as editting the firmware goes, most the people capable of something like that are prolly more concerned with unlocking the WiFi chip than disabling the camera click.

And before anyone freaks out, I only promised to be serious for a sec. The last sentence of the previous paragraph should clearly fall outside that
    04-15-09 05:35 PM
    Before throwing a blanket over all of us, keep in mind some of us have small children ( my 1st is a month old tomorrow) and I don't want the loud freakin shutter sound to wake the baby when I'm trying to capture precious moments. So please don't generalize
    yes agreed and if your buddy passes out and you draw all over their face and would want to capture that moment i wouldnt want my shutter sound to awaken an angry drunk!
    04-15-09 05:40 PM
    this is stupid its not a law on all new phones....a ton of my friends have voyagers, they dont make a sound, and my env didn't make a sound
    04-15-09 05:41 PM
    this is stupid its not a law on all new phones....a ton of my friends have voyagers, they dont make a sound, and my env didn't make a sound
    To my knowledge, no law was passed. However if it was (or is in the future), it would not apply retroactively. So phones manufactured prior to such a law's passage would not be forced to comply
    04-15-09 05:44 PM
    Nope sorry I'm pretty sure its a law that all phones have that sound now because of pervs taking up-skirt pictures.
    As others hacve stated it isn't a Federal lae although Federal legislation has been proposed

add me to the list of Parents who after snapping a pic of their children are immidately swamped with requests to see the image thereby runing the possibility of taking more pictures of the activity they are involved in.
    04-16-09 12:00 PM

^^^ HILARIOUS !!!!!
    04-16-09 01:07 PM
    Yeah i never thought of that. I never really noticed the sound.
    05-08-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD