Background - all my sound profiles are in the default settings

The issue - when I switch to "Phone calls only", i no longer get any LED notification of SMS/MMS/email, etc.

After some thread searching, it seems that there is ONE default profile, called "normal", which you can customize to your heart's content. All other profiles are MODIFICATIONS to the "default" profile. Is that correct??

Thus, the "phone calls only" profile modifies the default profile. It is not its own profile??

Here's my boggle: When I select "phone calls only", and i look under "set ring times/alerts", it shows the "normal" profile. So I have no way of knowing what's going on there. I can take a guess, which I thought was no audible alerts, except for phone calls. However, it seems it means no alerts whatsoever. I have the same issue for the "medium" profile. Is that louder or quieter than "normal"? How do I find out what these modifications do, or does this operate differently?
    07-08-09 10:34 AM
    I am wondering the same thing. On my Pearl I was able to customize the profiles they had on there. Now on the Storm I have to create custom profiles because I do not like the defaults they have and i can't edit them. That also means I have to scroll way down on the list of profiles to find the one I want, not very convenient for switching profiles quickly.
    07-08-09 11:02 AM
    Idk re normal vs medium. Otherwise u already have figured out far as i can tell. For on-device info, see HELP/? > notifications > notifications basics.
    07-08-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD