After searching, and implementing some tips, I still can't get my Sound Profiles to be different from each other.

Example, I set LOUD to level 8 across the board for all notifications, including dedicated sounds for SMS messages, Contact-specific ringtones, vibrations, etc. Click BACK, click SAVE, all is good. Nice loud ringtones and notifications.

Then say I want things a little quieter, so as to not bother people at work, but so that I can still hear what's happening on my BB. I select NORMAL, which was previously set to level 5 across the board, with the same ringtones and notifications, and it's now at level 8 across the board? So I then redo everything to level 5, save it.

Going back to LOUD, it's now at level 5. Frustrating!

I've tried making custom profiles, and it will allow one switch to another profile and back, retaining the settings. Another switch and back reverts everything in the custom profile to the last accessed profile.

Can anyone help? I want my Loud to be loud (8/9), Normal to be normal (5), Quiet to be quiet (2), with the ability to just switch between them without having to redo them every time!

I do have BerryBuzz installed, but set to the Active Profile for audible notifications.

OS 4.7.0.113 slimmed with CrackMem before install.

Thanks for any help with this. It's one of the things that the Pearl did well, and I miss being able to switch profiles on the fly.
    04-18-09 08:46 PM
    Yeah , there has been an issue with this from the get go , i havent tried it as of yet with .122 , but i do reccomend you download .122 , as compaired to .113 its 10 X better ! and you dont have the anoying dial pad issue that .113 has.
    04-18-09 08:49 PM
    Bad news, the Verizon store managers claim to be testing the next os release and it does not address this.
    04-18-09 09:45 PM
    In the process of Installing .122 from Bell, hoping that this upgrade will address this.

.113 worked great for me, other than this annoying glitch.
    Last edited by skwij; 04-18-09 at 10:30 PM.
    04-18-09 10:14 PM
    Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but let me ask another profile question. All I want is for the phone to ring out of the holster and vibrate in the holster. I can get the ring to work correctly if it is set to 10 vibrations and no less, but the sms/mms message alert vibrates the set amount of times and then rings once. This is when any of the actual ring profiles are used, of course all I get is vibrate on the vibrate setting. Is this part of the glitch or am I missing something.

FYI- the exact settings under sms text are:
    sound in holster-no
    vibration-custom
    in/out of holster-In only
    04-18-09 11:09 PM
    .122 doesn't fix this.

Plus, it's made my Storm slow and laggy. UGH.
    04-19-09 12:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD