I just got the Storm 9530 about a week ago after my Curve bit the dust (the keyboard stopped working.) With my Curve I only used the 'Loud' and 'Vibrate' sound profiles. I did the device transfer through the desktop manager from my old Curve to the new Storm. My problem now is, if I use the 'Loud' profile even if I have an alert set to silent volume, LED on and a custom vibrate pattern it plays a sound and not even the sound that is set for. Then if I have the profile set to 'Vibrate' which I have different vibrate patterns set (1 short for BBM, 2 medium for SMS, 1 long for email, etc) if just vibrates once for everything. I did create a custom profile 'Default' which fixed the original problem of sounds when it should be silent, but I can't figure out what's going on with the 'Vibrate' profile. Could something have been messed up when I transferred everything from my Curve? Am I missing something about the "new" sound profiles? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've changed the "In/Out" of Holster and just changed it to both to no avail...
    07-15-09 08:59 AM
    Nobody has any suggestions? If you set different custom vibrations for different things (sms, mms, email, etc.) and put the Vibrate sound profile on shouldn't those custom vibrations work rather than 1 vibration for everything? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:18 AM
    Nobody has any suggestions? If you set different custom vibrations for different things (sms, mms, email, etc.) and put the Vibrate sound profile on shouldn't those custom vibrations work rather than 1 vibration for everything? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I've only had my Storm for a week (migrated from a Curve) and I'm finding big differences in the two Blackberries.

I think you have to make your own "custom profile" to get any of those things to work. At least that's what I had to do.

Maybe someone who's had a Storm for a while can shed some light?
    09-09-09 10:26 AM
    Okay, so i'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, However I did have this issue with the original software that came with the phone. I use Verizon as my carrier and they made this big push to a new version of the OS, which fixed a lot of these issues. However before I got the update, what I found out, is that if I set anything custom, the phone had to be set to normal, if you used loud, it had a default set that it used and ignored everything else. if you don't have the newest software, I would check for a wireless update first, and then if you do have the newest software, the interim fix is to use normal for custom setting to work. Then call you provider, or put in a complaint to customer service, Be sure to include everything you can, what version of the phone your using, the current software update that's on the phone, and what it's symptoms are.
    09-09-09 10:59 AM
    Ooh... thats a tough one to solve. I know there are issues with the default sound profiles and how they read custom rings/vibes.

I had an issue with custom ring volume on the vibrate profile. This sounds a bit different.

Try creating custom sound profiles, 1 for vibrate, and 1 for loud volume.
    09-09-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD