So, I was just wondering if anyone knows of an app that identifies songs on the radio and such sorta like the one for the iphone. I find an app like that extremely beneficial, especially when your daily commute consists of 40 min traffic each way

Thoughts?
    12-14-08 11:46 PM
    one i have been using successfully on the storm is Nobex Radio Companion it was featured on the main page of crackberry a while back search for it on google it won't have every station but it has quite a few
    12-14-08 11:48 PM
    what i find hilarious is that Verizon had its song ID WAAAAAY before the iphone app came out but everyone seems to only think the iphone can do it. Sadly the VZ song id isnt available on the storm.
    12-14-08 11:53 PM
    yea i heard it was out for a while and don't understand why they didn't included it.

i have since unsuccessfully tried to delete vcast anyone got a fix for that one...
    12-14-08 11:55 PM
    what i find hilarious is that Verizon had its song ID WAAAAAY before the iphone app came out but everyone seems to only think the iphone can do it. Sadly the VZ song id isnt available on the storm.
    I dont think that ONLY the iphone can do it.. Im just asking if there is one/ or someone is developing one with the same functionality, if not better.
    12-14-08 11:58 PM
    one i have been using successfully on the storm is Nobex Radio Companion it was featured on the main page of crackberry a while back search for it on google it won't have every station but it has quite a few

this isnt really the solution.. the difference is you launch the app real fast it listens to the song for 15 seconds and tells you what song it is..

the app you mention simply lists the songs playing on radio stations..
    12-15-08 12:01 AM
    there are a lot of things VZW came out with first that people never knew about and just now associate it with the iphone... only person to blame there is Verizon. The first with 3g network was VZW, the best 3g network... Verizon, Best 3g coverage, Verizon.... But i would say at least 70% of the population would think it was someone else, because VZW never advertised it the same way ATT has.
    12-15-08 12:02 AM
    SongID is nice, but I loves me the G-One barcode reader/lookup app. I WANT THAT on the Storm!!!
    12-15-08 12:04 AM
    SongID is nice, but I loves me the G-One barcode reader/lookup app. I WANT THAT on the Storm!!!
    agreed.

10 characters.
    12-15-08 12:35 AM
    I dont think that ONLY the iphone can do it.. Im just asking if there is one/ or someone is developing one with the same functionality, if not better.
    i wasnt pointing you out...

the general public however seems to be brainwashed by apples marketing that they think everything cool and new was invented by apple.

I agree though, the iphone does have some really cool apps that i would love to see become available on the storm. I hope when the app store is launched, it attracts the same companies to make software for the storm as they did the iphone.
    12-15-08 01:36 AM
    VZ Song ID is suppose to be coming out for the storm from what i've heard, however at this time not too sure if what else is out there.
    12-15-08 01:42 AM
    I think at this point it's BREW so if it does come out it'll be an amended version with the label of song ID.

WOW are my posts useless this evening.
    12-15-08 01:47 AM
    VZ Song ID is suppose to be coming out for the storm from what i've heard, however at this time not too sure if what else is out there.
    If and when they do release, there's no doubt we're gonna get nickel'd & dime'd for that service.
    12-15-08 02:26 AM
    If and when they do release, there's no doubt we're gonna get nickel'd & dime'd for that service.
    Just like it is now Oh wait, it's a free app. Get off the why's my bill so high bandwagon and research before you post. Don't like it, go get Cricket and never make a call outside a city with a population higher than 100 K.
    12-15-08 02:29 AM
    Just like it is now Oh wait, it's a free app. Get off the why's my bill so high bandwagon and research before you post. Don't like it, go get Cricket and never make a call outside a city with a population higher than 100 K.
    my bills are not high, so I ain't on that bandwagon.
    12-15-08 02:46 AM
    my bills are not high, so I ain't on that bandwagon.
    If you use the term nickle and dime, you're on it, even if you don't realize it.
    12-15-08 02:52 AM
    move on please... geezus
    12-15-08 02:53 AM
    shiraza or something like that, that i used on my iphone and my g1 google phone.
    12-15-08 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD