I'm using mine naked as well. I got tired of replacing the protectors.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 07:32 PM
    I have been running my storm completely naked, save the holster when in my pocket, for months. I love this screen! Only prob is oil/finger prints, but a quick wipe from a shirt or something similar tends to take care of that alright. I was showing some coworkers the other day how crazy the screen was; took a ballpoint pen and watched them gasp (and clutch their iphones a little tighter) as i started railing on the screen with it. Not a scratch or mark to be seen. Good times.
    Dude you are my hero hahah
    08-06-09 08:10 PM
    I work in a machine shop and my phone is out all the time. The screen is easy to clean and not a scratch on it. I am still on my 1st screen protector. Now the speaker and mic screens, that's a different story.
    08-06-09 08:21 PM
    I really like the feel of the screen without the protector. I had an IS but removed it.
    7 months later and not one scratch. I keep the phone in a holster on my belt when I'm at work and throw it with all the junk in my purse the rest of the time.
    I don't think I'm tempting fate. It is a really durable screen.
    08-06-09 10:45 PM
    I thought,
    Sand + 4200 degrees = Glass

so therefore Sand = Glass, so how can sand scratch glass? Actually I thought people used silica sand to repair scratches on glass

Anyways I know metal doesn't scratch the screen. I took my keys and tried my hardest to scratch it, nothing, so don't be afraid of putting your phone in your pocket with coins
    No metal won't scratch the screen. Though one piece of sand will definitely leave it's mark. I will attest to that. Though the phantom skinz is covering the lone scratch it is possible for it to get scratched.
    08-06-09 11:10 PM
    I actually have a screen protector and otterbox on my phone!

I am just like that though.

08-06-09 11:19 PM
    had my storm naked since december, no scratches on the screen to speak of! and I definitely don't baby it, I carry it in my pocket or hip holster. my keys are usualy in the same pocket, and they haven't done anything to it!
    08-06-09 11:32 PM
    I have invisible shield on mine and had it since day one with no issues. Good to hear the screens durable although I have this little gray area on it where a lit cigarette fell on it D: but its good. Oh and these are EXTREMELY durable. Enough to get flung out of ny pocket on a roller coaster and get rained on. Picked it up the next morning, gave it the good old hand dryer and
    works like a charm : D

08-07-09 01:38 AM
    Never used my Storm's screen naked, body yes. I used the VZW protectors for months and they did well as I replaced them every 4-6 weeks. I'm sure the glass screen is smooth to work with, waxed protectors work very well too! I did notice scratches on the upper and lower portion from cleaning with shirts though. I now have an InvisiShield covering the whole front and I wax it often!
    08-07-09 11:15 AM
    I should've used a protector ... I've had mine about a month and a half and have several scratches on it Haven't decided what to do about it though. I absolutely LOVE this phone.
    08-10-09 12:55 PM
    I have mines with the screen protector don't want to take a chance.
    08-10-09 12:58 PM
    There's a video online somewhere (I'll post the link if I can find it again) where a guy takes a post-it spike, his keys, and a knife to the Storm's screen with no scratches. Sold me on the phone.
    08-10-09 01:12 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD