its pretty hard to muck up your screen with scratches. When I first got this phone I was paranoid after taking my screen protector off. I only have one barely visible scratch on this screen (you have to tilt it in sunlight) and have had it since april. This phone has gone over two months without a screen protector and no scratches have accumulated. This is coming from someone that dropped all previous phones at least 4 times a day. I'm pretty thank full for that part of the phone I would hate to have to worry about my screen all the time. What's the point in watching cool movies with a scratched up screen? Does anyone else notice this?
    08-06-09 03:25 PM
    I have been running my storm completely naked, save the holster when in my pocket, for months. I love this screen! Only prob is oil/finger prints, but a quick wipe from a shirt or something similar tends to take care of that alright. I was showing some coworkers the other day how crazy the screen was; took a ballpoint pen and watched them gasp (and clutch their iphones a little tighter) as i started railing on the screen with it. Not a scratch or mark to be seen. Good times.
    08-06-09 03:30 PM
    Would you believe I went about 3 months thinking it was a plastic screen? I complained about smudges here in this forum and someone suggested I remove the plastic cover on the glass. All of a sudden I had this brand new shinny screen.

You live and learn I guess.
    08-06-09 03:40 PM
    That's funny.

I have left the screen cover on that came on the phone. It's been on for 3 weeks now.

I bought a pack of screen protectors, but I have not used any yet.

I'm nervous to take it off, because I might not do as good of a job as the current one if I put on my own.
    08-06-09 03:44 PM
    Im still alittle bit nervous about taking of the factory screen protector, I dont know if I wanna do it
    08-06-09 03:45 PM
    I stopped using screen protectors a couple months ago. The screen feels better nekkid and I haven't noticed any scratches.
    08-06-09 03:47 PM
    I am too concerned about it and my philosophy is that it is much easier to replace a scratched screen protector than a scratched screen...
    08-06-09 03:49 PM
    That's funny.

I have left the screen cover on that came on the phone. It's been on for 3 weeks now.

I bought a pack of screen protectors, but I have not used any yet.

I'm nervous to take it off, because I might not do as good of a job as the current one if I put on my own.
    Leave the factory screen protector on and when it gets messed up take it off and use none. That's what I did and I have been happy for 8 months now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 03:49 PM
    I've never had a protector on mine. Glass >>> plastic

08-06-09 03:50 PM
    I've had the factory screen protector on there since the phone launched in November. Its starting to peel at the corner now and I'm hesitant to pull it off. I might get some more screen protectors first before yanking the old one off.

Like someone else said: better to replace the screen protector than the screen.
    08-06-09 03:52 PM
    I never used one.

08-06-09 03:54 PM
    Take those covers off and enjoy the glass cover! Want to clean it? Walmart sells moist paper eye glass cleaners in their eye glass department and they are really cheap, works great on Storm!
    08-06-09 03:55 PM
    I've had the factory screen protector on there since the phone launched in November. Its starting to peel at the corner now and I'm hesitant to pull it off. I might get some more screen protectors first before yanking the old one off.

Like someone else said: better to replace the screen protector than the screen.
    I bet in two months you won't have one on there...LOL that's what happened to me the factory one was awesome I kept all my factory stickers on there even when they got beat up because I wanted to preserve its newness until I couldn't anymore. I bought new ones and tried to put them on but it wasn't the same as factory so I eventually got lazy and left it off....forgot about it. And now I'm realizing this screen is HEFTY.
    08-06-09 03:57 PM
    I pulled the screen protector off the day it came out. I spin it in circles on the screen when I'm bored...I leave it the same pocket as my keys. I even threw it against the wall a couple times (freezing issues) But it still works fine. Its indestructible...have fun.

08-06-09 04:00 PM
    I pulled the screen protector off the day it came out. I spin it in circles on the screen when I'm bored...I leave it the same pocket as my keys. I even threw it against the wall a couple times (freezing issues) But it still works fine. Its indestructible...have fun.

Well, I've seen enough post to know that it's not indestructible so please do not try throwing it against the wall.
    08-06-09 04:03 PM
    Stop using screen protectors after the first month. It feels a lot better naked..
    08-06-09 04:10 PM
    Like I said, done it...a couple times. No problems.

08-06-09 04:11 PM
    it always feels better naked

awwww baby

08-06-09 04:56 PM
    The screen is almost scratch resistant, but it isn't completely.

All it takes is one speck of sand and only one time to cause scratches on the screen, as shown by peeps on the other screen topic post.

It doesn't hurt to have added protection and it is cheap.
    08-06-09 05:17 PM

All it takes is one speck of sand and only one time to cause scratches on the screen, as shown by peeps on the other screen topic post.
    I thought,
    Sand + 4200 degrees = Glass

so therefore Sand = Glass, so how can sand scratch glass? Actually I thought people used silica sand to repair scratches on glass

Anyways I know metal doesn't scratch the screen. I took my keys and tried my hardest to scratch it, nothing, so don't be afraid of putting your phone in your pocket with coins
    08-06-09 05:56 PM
    I thought,
    Sand + 4200 degrees = Glass

so therefore Sand = Glass, so how can sand scratch glass? Actually I thought people used silica sand to repair scratches on glass

Anyways I know metal doesn't scratch the screen. I took my keys and tried my hardest to scratch it, nothing, so don't be afraid of putting your phone in your pocket with coins
    wow. Well think about it a screen that is having presure applied to it like surepress they probably though this screen has to be tough which is nice.
    08-06-09 05:59 PM
    I still use a screen protector...yikes!
    08-06-09 06:01 PM
    you ppl are tempting fate
    08-06-09 06:15 PM
    I had a screen protector on my first storm. Never put one on, on my second or third. Screen doesn't even have a scratch on it. Its great. Love this phone.

08-06-09 06:27 PM
    I have the invisible shield protector on and I don't ever notice it is there and it is extremely smudge resistant.

08-06-09 07:20 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD