The New York Times' David Pogue apparently wasn't satisfied with last week's Storm bashing column. Now he's calling us "nasty Blackberry nuts".

12-04-08 07:23 PM
    i smell payoff from apple, yes?
    12-04-08 07:40 PM
    I think he said it well... I applaud him for sticking to his guns.
    12-04-08 07:47 PM
    i smell payoff from apple, yes?
    haha yup
    12-04-08 07:47 PM
    He's a tool, ignore him. Just because he doesn't like the phone, doesn't mean that we have to dislike it. I love ths phone, and it's only going to continue to improve.
    12-04-08 07:49 PM
    well i think after this little doozy hit the net they had to do something...

Apple: Our Ads Don't Lie, But You're a Fool if You Believe Them | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    12-04-08 07:51 PM
    Check his site he is a Apple freak..now granted I have a MAC Book pro and will never again by a PC but never an iPhone.....i just threwup a little when I said the I word
    12-04-08 07:51 PM
    He's a tool, ignore him. Just because he doesn't like the phone, doesn't mean that we have to dislike it. I love ths phone, and it's only going to continue to improve.
    I completely agree, but too many people believe everything they read in the news or watch on tv. I give it one more OS upgrade past .78 and look out!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 07:57 PM
    Blackberry nuts lol......how ironic
    12-04-08 08:11 PM
    Bahahahaha! Blackberry nuts. How can something so childish be in the least offensive? Pogue FTW!

12-04-08 08:13 PM
    Lets be honest, the storm is far from flawless. But lest not forget the bugs that were in the iPhone. My buddy was an early adopter and his phone was just as bad if not worse than the initial release of the storm, now everyone loves it. I'm sure there will be no shortage of OS updates in the future making the phone more solid. This is a first for RIM and it may take some time to tweak it, but I have faith that it will get better with time.
    12-04-08 08:25 PM
    no I gotta give the guy credit... He based his review on his throughts.. and yes he may post a ton of great things about apple products.. however if you noticed he did admit that the apple fanatics are cult like as well haha

I think it was well written and I can't argue about that..

Everyone has there opinion.. He is just in a position were a ton of people listen to his opinion...

When you write something and publish it you should also stand behind what you stated if it was a "opinion" matter.

He had a storm in his hands he could have had a bad version or it could have been the same old software glitches etc...

when it gets revised with updates he may come back to it... who knows..
    12-04-08 08:45 PM
    Ah, the guy's not bad - he just has an opinion and isn't afraid to say what it is.

Pretty funny, in my personal view. BlackBerry Nuts.
    I mean, c'mon - you HAVE to be a little nuts about a product, if proclaiming an addiction to it is something that's spoken about like a badge of honor.

Is he really THAT far off base? Lol.
    12-04-08 09:07 PM
    blackberries don't have nuts... it's fruit.. what a dumb@$$...

but again, we all know the quirks of the phone, and u truly need a week at least of use to get used to it. the guy didn't even know the basics. lol he doesn't like that u have to push the screen and click it... umm y the f do u thinkk they put in the click for? what a maroon..
    12-04-08 09:11 PM
    Hmmm... He didn't print one single letter from people who like the Storm. I can't help it. His article bothers me the most and doesn't ring true.
    12-04-08 09:20 PM
    The NYT as a newspaper is a worthless bias rag. The columnists all have an axe to grind and are incapable of providing a balanced viewpoint.

After the disgraceful election coverage where they all but annointed the 'messiah' months before the election..... I have quit reading anything out of the Times.

There are many other sources of information that provide useful reviews.

12-04-08 09:21 PM
    lol so he got "100s" of emails agreeing and "a dozen" disagreeing...

um we ALL KNOW that people who DISAGREE are heard MORE THAN those who AGREE
    12-04-08 09:23 PM
    just don't sweat it, if people don't like the phone then fine. they don't have to use it. get the phone that u like the most, for me it's the storm.
    12-04-08 09:24 PM
    NY Times is liberal piece of crap...

He fails to bring up the IPhone reception problems, LAGS in the contacts, .ME FAILURE, safari crashes, and reboots..
    12-04-08 09:43 PM
    I know this is a radical concept, but is there any chance that some people might legitimately dislike your beloved Storm, and that "stopping this guy" might be an affront to the philosophy of free expression that built this country?

I mean, honest to god. I don't know what's wrong with some of you. It's as if these reviewers, and other Storm detractors, are taking a chunk out of your side every time they dare say a negative word about the phone.

If you're happy with it, GREAT!! Halle-freakin'-lujah!!! But what the **** do you have to gain by shutting down opposing opinions????

Or, more succinctly, what the **** do you have to LOSE by someone not liking the damn phone? Do they ding you commission? Y'all accuse negative reviewers of being paid by Apple, but I'd swear most of you Stormlickers are shills for RIM and Verizon.

Criminy.
    Last edited by leftcoaster; 12-04-08 at 09:49 PM.
    12-04-08 09:47 PM
    The NYT as a newspaper is a worthless bias rag. The columnists all have an axe to grind and are incapable of providing a balanced viewpoint.

Including Judy Miller's series of WMD articles and pro-invasion crap in the runup to the war? Or did you suddenly revert to being a NYT fan when it suited your political objectives?
    12-04-08 09:49 PM
    blackberries don't have nuts... it's fruit.. what a dumb@$$...
    I think many people here would rather be considered "nuts" than "fruits," but hey if you want to be a fruit, then a fruit you are...
    12-04-08 10:03 PM
    Full text of emails including another reply I just added at the top:

Actually you are a fanboy. Everyone wouldn't call you that if you weren't. And the fact that you published more of your sloppy drivel against the Storm just adds to the worthlessness of your opinion. Go check out Miller's article on the Storm at PcMag if you want a bit smarter opinion about it. The iPhone is a piece of crap compared to the Storm. It will continue to sell well for many of the same reasons that Jazz and Classical are dying while rap and other absolutely worthless garbage music thrive: It appeals to a lower common denominator (notice I used a heap of restraint from silly opinionating when I refrained from saying "lowest"). I shall *never* again peruse your articles, not even for the laugh I used to enjoy from time to time. Btw, there are already untold legions of happy Storm users. Look at the sales figures in a year, I guarantee you the Storm will be one of RIM's all-time best sellers if not the top seller.

Do you not understand that your claims of "almost all negative" feedback are completely biased by your fanboy following? *If* they're true at all? Go back to your silly Vulcan Mind Meld with weirdo Stevie Jobs and leave the thinking to others!

Any Smart Guy

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 6:43 PM
    To: Robert Graham
    Subject: Re: Bad article

I'm not a fanboy.

Do a little research, please! You'll find that until the BlackBerry Storm, I
    have given rave reviews to EVERY BlackBerry I've ever reviewed. I LOVE the
    polish, the solidity, the care that RIM puts into most of its products!

On the other hand, I have had PLENTY of negative things to say about Apple
    products. Have a look: David Pogue, New York Times technology columnist, CBS news correspondent

There are many companies whose products I review more consistently highly
    than Apple's: RIM, TiVo, Sonos, Palm, Google... yet nobody calls me a RIM
    fanboy or a Google fanboy.

In other words, it is you, not I, who are especially sensitive to Apple!

--David Pogue

On 11/29/08 9:14 PM, "Robert Graham" <[email protected]> wrote:

> So I see you're referred to in the ePress as a "Mac celeb"... Ahh urrghh,
    > yah, also known as a fanboy. Attracts other fanboys. Me I'm not a fanboy, I
    > use windows and mac, and in our household we have a slew of iPods and other
    > products by many other makers. I'll make a prediction for you: The Storm
    > will thrive, it will be the number 2 smartphone behind the iPhone, and for
    > the most part the Blackberry product line will continue to outsell the
    > iPhone, unless apple makes the iPhone into a whole product line. You will
    > continue to be funnier reviewer/analyst, I will continue to be a smarter
    > tech and gadget guru. Did I mention two, not one but two amongst my small
    > circle of friends are dumping their iPhone to get a Storm? Even though I
    > showed them the bugs it's prone to in its near beta firmware? Wild horses
    > couldn't take mine away from me.
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: David Pogue [mailto:[email protected]]
    > Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 1:35 PM
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: Re: Bad article
    >
    > Very few users!?!?
    >
    > Yikes!!
    >
    > I beg to differ. And attached are about 75 emails that back me up. (I have
    > received exactly 5 from people who like the Storm.)
    >
    > dp
    >
    >
    > On 11/27/08 10:46 AM, "Bob Graham" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> This email sent to you with joy from a Blackberry Storm.
    >>
    >> Really, sir, I just plain have serious doubts about your ability to
    >> evaluate tech. And your friends for that matter... Showed this to
    >> folks at work and 3 of them are clawing the wall trying to get one,
    >> one whom immediately started quizzing me on what it would cost him to dump
    > his iPhone.
    >>
    >> Yes, the Storm has a different emphasis than past Blackberries, but it
    >> will continue to sell like pancakes. There are some teething pains
    >> with the OS that
    >> *should* have been fixed before release, but very few users are
    >> experiencing the level of difficulties you have spoken of.
    >>
    >> Bob Graham
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    > ---
    > David Pogue
    > Tech Columnist, The New York Times
    > David Pogue, New York Times technology columnist, CBS news correspondent
    > Missing Manuals
    >
    >
    >

---
    David Pogue
    Tech Columnist, The New York Times
    David Pogue, New York Times technology columnist, CBS news correspondent
    Missing Manuals
    12-04-08 11:02 PM
    Oh good lord. So you too are permanently injured by a bad review?

LOL. This is comical. FYI, Pogue and his peers get a kick out of the frenzied rants coming from crybabies.
    12-04-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD