Hi..
    I just got my 9530 delivered from an Online Store.

I see that the screen acts like a keyboard, which goes inside and outside and clicks makes it down and then whole display screen is getting a tolting feel.

Is that normal or Storm touchscreens acts this way only for thier click type technology ?

Please let me know asap, so that I can return it, in case, its a defect on the phone.

Just say me, if the screen is a static screen like in Apple iPhone or it acts this way ??
    02-22-10 07:37 AM
    It was designed to be that way. That is SurePress what you are experiencing, the ability to click down the screen as if it was one big button.
    02-22-10 07:40 AM
    Nope, the screen is not like an Apple phone.
    02-22-10 07:45 AM
    Ok thank god.
    Well, 1st impression made me sick that I wasted my 560$ on it.
    Really sad. Anyways, have to live with it now.
    02-22-10 07:46 AM
    have to live with it now.
    Excuse me, "have to live with it now" ?!

Did you do any research on the Storm before getting it? Numerous YouTube videos demonstrate the SurePress touch screen of the Storm in case you can't try one out in person.

If you were looking for an iPhone then you bought the wrong device. Also, $560 much for a Storm. $560 gets you a Storm2 and something more, where did you buy this from? Sounds a bit fishy.
    02-22-10 07:57 AM
    In India, unlocked ones are sold for that price.
    And I dont need an iPhone, since I have it. I wanted to try Storm.
    02-22-10 07:59 AM
    You said you bought it from an online store... also unlocked ones aren't that much more expensive. Well if you're happy with it, but honestly do some research before buying a phone, this will help you avoid many issues and problems.
    02-22-10 08:01 AM
    Sounds like this is something you should return, if you "have to live with it now." The Storm 2, I believe, is more the style you want if you like the iPhone.
    02-22-10 08:06 AM
    Sounds like this is something you should return, if you "have to live with it now." The Storm 2, I believe, is more the style you want if you like the iPhone.
    Both the Storm2 and the original Storm have SurePress. Of course SurePress is implemented in a different way on the Storm2, but the screen still clicks on both devices. Currently there is no BlackBerry available with a touch screen similar to the iPhone (or the rest of the World, as in no SurePress).

I agree with you though that the op has (probably) unknowingly stepped on dangerous ground. Not taking bets when we see this person ranting here, but come on people you just don't buy something without prior consideration!
    02-22-10 08:41 AM
    Speachless. *scratches head* wow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 09:03 AM
    Both the Storm2 and the original Storm have SurePress. Of course SurePress is implemented in a different way on the Storm2, but the screen still clicks on both devices. Currently there is no BlackBerry available with a touch screen similar to the iPhone (or the rest of the World, as in no SurePress).

I agree with you though that the op has (probably) unknowingly stepped on dangerous ground. Not taking bets when we see this person ranting here, but come on people you just don't buy something without prior consideration!
    I just figured that that different style might be a little more their "thing" if they are used to/wanted an iPhone.
    02-22-10 09:52 AM
    560$? ouch..I got my unlocked 9530 off newegg for roughly around 330$ and they have the storm 2 only for about 460$
    02-22-10 10:02 AM
    I know it's hard for some Americans to believe, but there are countries outside your borders that sell things for different amounts.

Bell Canada, up until a month ago, sold the Storm 1 for $699.95 without contract (it's now $249.95 which is why I got mine). Telus still sells it for $599.95.

I have seen so many posts saying people got ripped off when its not even a US purchase, whuich only makes the OP feel even more doubt.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-22-10 at 10:44 AM.
    02-22-10 10:38 AM
    I know it's hard for Americans to believe, but there are countries outside your borders that sell things for different amounts.

Bell Canada, up until a month ago, sold the Storm 1 for $699.95 without contract (it's now $249.95 which is why I got mine). Telus still sells it for $599.95.

I know it's hard to imagine entire other countries and markets but the whole world doesn't revolve around the US.
    I don't mean to be rude, but I don't think it was that "the world revolves around the US", I think people were shocked at that it was so expensive to buy from an online store, especially when there have been people that have found them for cheaper. However, it could be the exchange and other factors taken into account with India.
    02-22-10 10:45 AM
    I know it's hard to imagine entire other countries and markets but the whole world doesn't revolve around the US.
    Don't paint me with that sentence, I live in Europe. I know how Americans are, but more importantly I know the market price for electronics. Now if the op had bought it from a shop in India then I would've believed that price to be "fair" as I know how different the market in India is. However, the op stated they bought the BlackBerry from an "Online Store". Now whatever that is one would understand there could have been better places to order the Storm online. That's why I raised the question mark for a too high price.
    02-22-10 10:46 AM
    I know it's hard for Americans to believe, but there are countries outside your borders that sell things for different amounts.

There's other countries outside the US? Like whole countries, entire countries? Do people live in them? Why didn't they teach is this in school?

I would imagine a country as technologically advanced as India would offer some sort of access to the internet, which would then in turn allow the inhabitants of this mythical "other country" you speak of to access our great eBay.com where Storms and Storm2s can be purchased at reduced prices.
    02-22-10 10:48 AM
    I went back and cleaned it up, I wasn't meaning to sound quite that snippy.

Blame the US/ Canada mens hockey debacle last night lol.

However I got told I spent too much at $249.95 because *insert American carrier here* sells it for this much. Which is great. Except I'm Canadian.

OOOOOo and I will never forget the times I was told by an American when I was working for a US telco "Wow, you guys have internet up there?" or when I mentioned I had a Blackberry when giving information to a customer I actually had a couple people say "they have those up there?" and when I told them WE INVENTED THEM they didn't believe me until they googled it.

I wish I was making that up.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 02-22-10 at 10:52 AM.
    02-22-10 10:49 AM
    One word: eBay.
    02-22-10 10:53 AM

Blame the US/ Canada mens hockey debacle last night lol.
    Oh that wasn't a "debacle" that was one great team beating another great team. The US outworked them. Sorry had to comment on that. The thread may continue.
    02-22-10 10:55 AM
    There's too many egos on the Canadian team.

*sigh*

When's the NHL back?
    02-22-10 10:58 AM
    As far as the OP - I do agree that more research should have been done if they weren't aware of the moving screen. That seems...silly to throw that kind of money around and not have researched the Surepress, which is usually the first thing mentioned when the Storm is being reviewed.
    02-22-10 11:00 AM
    Someone clearly did not do ANY research when thinking about buying this phone.
    02-22-10 07:41 PM
    There's too many egos on the Canadian team.

*sigh*

When's the NHL back?
    I don't think ego was part of their downfall. You guys got your butts kicked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 09:28 PM
    But kicked huh? I think in all honesty the canadians actually fully outplayed the americans. Just, your goalie completely shut us down. LOL. Take a look at the stats in the game.

anyways, lol, ya you should have known what the storm screen was like before you bought it if you were puttin that much money out for it. Its not your typical touch screen device.
    02-22-10 11:35 PM
    Dont worry about it my indian buddy. Surepress is an ingenious addon for ppl using touchscreen. I particularly like the feedback vs. say the ipod or Eris. And as long as your happy with it, dont worry about the cost. But do your research. And remember to ask yourself next time: If your Uncle Jack helped you off an elephant, would you help your uncle jack off an elephant? tm.!
    02-23-10 02:22 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD