So I've done a bit of searching and haven't really found anyone having this specific set of symptoms. I'm running 4.7 and with out the Media Sync setup. I was going to go and give .85 a try so I first connected and did a full backup of my databases.

Then installed .85 and tried to give things a go. The update wasn't seen so I tried the remove internet trick. Then things kinda fubared... So I tried to disconnect and reconnect to DM.

I just get the DM window which is entirely grayed out and says Working in the title bar. My PIN is listed next to the Device Connected and the computer and phone display on the phone but no arrows.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, then installing again but I get the same operation.

Anyone have any ideas of something I'm missing?

Edit: Should state I'm running XP SP2 and have McAffee corporate installed and the XP firewall is off. All connections are being made via USB.

When I unplug the phone finally I get an error message titled Intellisync that says Failed to connect to the device. Please make sure its properly connected and try again. This message doesn't come up until after I pull the cable no matter how long I let DM sit there greyed out.
    Last edited by bthoward; 01-06-09 at 04:56 PM.
    01-06-09 04:54 PM
    I may be way off, but it could be a USB problem, First make sure your using a USB port in the back of the PC and not a hub. If that is not it try:
    View Document
    01-06-09 05:04 PM
    I'll look at the document... But I'm plugged directly into a port on the front of the PC. Its a USB2 port and it seems like the USB portion IS working cause I can view files on the device and the DM window DOES show my correct PIN.

The phone is showing up properly in Device Manager and the Blackberry Device Manager Properties shows the USB-PIN:blah is connected and all seems fine except for the fact that DM just sits there are stares at you all greyed out.
    Last edited by bthoward; 01-06-09 at 05:12 PM.
    01-06-09 05:08 PM
    Don't know why but it was a problem on the handset. Did a battery pull and it wasn't better... Did a wipe and poof it started working again. So now I guess I'll install .85. Finally got a free second where I can be without it for a short bit while it installs.. Been a busy month!
    01-06-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD