Some very useful tips for your Storm that I found out. I hope this is helpful. Okay so you know how some of you have those glitches and lags when you receive phone calls such as the ringer being delayed or not even "ringing" at all? Well if your ring tone is located on your SD card then you may experience this because when you receive a phone call your device must access the SD card and then play it back. It may take some time locating the ring tone especially if you have a lot of information stored on the card... resulting in lag. Make sure the ring tone is saved to the device and not the SD card. And an OS update wouldn't hurt.

ALSO, make sure the wallpaper on your home screen is also located on your device and not on the SD card. This saves you some device memory and lag/freeze issues due to access errors and timing to and from the SD card.

These are just some tips that I learned and when I find out more I will share. Again, I hope this was helpful and please do not discredit my tips because I am only trying to help. Thanks.
    01-10-09 07:26 PM
    Thanks for sharing! Got my rings and walls saved to onboard 1GB mem and while it does not lag, it has its own probs...
    01-10-09 07:31 PM
    I wondered if that would cause some lag... Guess so, thanks!

This should be posted in the official tips thread...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 08:27 PM
    Thanks Skittle! Yeah I noticed a big improvement in stability when I moved my walls to the onboard 1 GB.
    01-10-09 08:33 PM
    Wow it makes to switch back to portrait much faster

01-10-09 08:41 PM
    OK, dumb question....when you say "SD card", does that mean "media card" when I browse the folders on my Storm to look for a place to save it? As in "media card" as opposed to "device memory" or "system".

And are device memory and system the same, basically?

Thanks.
    01-10-09 09:03 PM
    Didnt help me mine runs fine the way it was .switching back
    01-10-09 09:04 PM
    The wallpaper tip helped me. Ringtones on the other hand had no affect.
    01-10-09 09:06 PM
    Yes when I say "SD card" I am referring to the media card. And no system memory and device memory are not the same thing. The Storm has an internal 1 gb of DEVICE memory and 192mb of SYSTEM memory.
    01-10-09 09:06 PM
    So system memory is "application memory"? when I look at Options-About-Memory?
    01-10-09 09:15 PM
    @jetson

YES
    01-10-09 09:17 PM
    wow! i just moved my wallpaper and it made a huge difference! thanks!
    01-10-09 09:24 PM
    Jus moved the wallpaper. Huuuuge difference in switchin. Thanks!

01-10-09 09:26 PM
    Ok, ok, just so I don't make any mistakes what's the best way to achieve this?

thanks
    01-10-09 11:57 PM
    Ok, ok, just so I don't make any mistakes what's the best way to achieve this?

thanks
    Multimedia>BB Button>Explore>Media Card>Move Up.

Keep moving up until you reach the device memory. Or you can just do it all on your computer.
    01-11-09 12:38 AM
    I did it on my computer.

I moved the pics from "BLACKBERRY 2" aka (Media Card)

to

"BLACKBERRY 1" aka (Device Memory)
    01-11-09 12:58 AM
    After I moved the Ringers to the phone memory, I cannot find them on the drop down list to assign them... The images worked though...

Any help?
    01-11-09 01:14 AM
    did the wallpaper switch.. waaayy faster and smoother transitions.

Great find!
    01-11-09 01:20 AM
    After I moved the Ringers to the phone memory, I cannot find them on the drop down list to assign them... The images worked though...

Any help?
    Figured it out, had to move them to the sub directory, duh.
    01-11-09 01:33 AM
    Thanks for the tip! After moving my ringtone and wallpaper I already notice a difference.

01-11-09 01:52 AM
    Wonderful find!
    01-11-09 04:51 AM
    I am very pleased that this is working out for ya'll as well!

01-11-09 06:26 AM
    Since I followed the tips...I get no type of rings for any emails, no calls...no nothing. so how do I get my rings back?!?
    01-11-09 02:00 PM
    Maybe this helps if you have a good amount of pictures and music on your removable storage. I don't plan on using this as my mp3 player or camera so i don't use a lot of the storage available. i did this trick to see if it made a difference, It didn't, maybe it helps if u have a lot of pics/music on ur storage disk.
    01-11-09 02:57 PM
    I have the software to reboot the storm w/o battery pull. It ALWAYS got stuck on media card inserted and I would have to battery pull anyway. Moving the wallpaper to the device has fixed this very annoying problem. Thank you Thank you Thank you!
    01-11-09 04:06 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD