So it was my brother-in-law's birthday today and at the party I was talking to his brother (who works for verizon and apparently is one of their top salesmen in the nation). I was asking him about all the new phones coming out and all that interesting type of stuff and anyways...

I asked him about the Thunder. He said he didn't know too much info about it because he hasn't spoken to any RIM reps yet about it, however he said he heard that it will have a 600something MHz processor (can't remember the exact number, sorry) and he said it probably wont be out till next year, maybe December. When mentioning the screen he just said what we basically all know but he explained it in a way that I haven't heard before. He said that the screen "clicks" when you press it.

I know this isn't much and it may or may not be true, but I thought you guys would at least like to hear about it. He said he will keep me updated on what he finds out about it.

Ps: On a side note, I don't know if you guys heard that Verizon will be gimping the Touch Diamond and Pro. He says that he was very disappointed when he heard that, but later found out that it is not true and that Verizon should be announcing that sometime soon.
    08-24-08 02:01 AM
    ... however he said he heard that it will have a 600something MHz processor (can't remember the exact number, sorry)
    Isn't that about the same processor speed as the Javelin? Does anyone know if the Thunder and Javelin have the same processors?

Ps: On a side note, I don't know if you guys heard that Verizon will be gimping the Touch Diamond and Pro. He says that he was very disappointed when he heard that, but later found out that it is not true and that Verizon should be announcing that sometime soon.
    By gimping Diamond vs. Pro, are you referring to the same model structure that the iPhone uses??? i.e. 8 gig or 16 gig iPhone models?

Dennis
    08-24-08 03:35 AM
    Good info! Thanks for the update!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 03:48 AM
    Good info! Thanks for the update!

how do you call that "good info"?? he said the release would be "next year", possibly December. if RIM is really waiting that long...I have one word: fail.

08-24-08 11:26 AM
    how do you call that "good info"?? he said the release would be "next year", possibly December. if RIM is really waiting that long...I have one word: fail.

I am going to try awful HARD not to flame you, but what in Gods name are you talking about? Seriously? So if RIM doesn't release this device when YOU think they should, then they have failed? You aren't really that much of a NARCISSIST are you? Or oh, I got it, you would rather them rush a half-a$ sed device out the door, because you are impatient and want it right now? I sure hope not, because you and people like you would be the same ones on this forum and others COMPLAINING about how the device doesn't work properly if they did release it before it was ready.
    It's a very nice device, and a lot of people want it, but RIM is who they are for the quality devices they release to the public. They aren't going to rush a device out the door because a small minority of their consumer base is impatient. Sit back and relax and let them get it right before you make ignorant statements about it being a failure if it's not released when YOU think it should.
    08-24-08 11:48 AM
    I am going to try awful HARD not to flame you, but what in Gods name are you talking about? Seriously? So if RIM doesn't release this device when YOU think they should, then they have failed? You aren't really that much of a NARCISSIST are you? Or oh, I got it, you would rather them rush a half-a$ sed device out the door, because you are impatient and want it right now? I sure hope not, because you and people like you would be the same ones on this forum and others COMPLAINING about how the device doesn't work properly if they did release it before it was ready.
    It's a very nice device, and a lot of people want it, but RIM is who they are for the quality devices they release to the public. They aren't going to rush a device out the door because a small minority of their consumer base is impatient. Sit back and relax and let them get it right before you make ignorant statements about it being a failure if it's not released when YOU think it should.

LOL, get um CX!
    08-24-08 11:51 AM

I for one, don't want it released until it is ready. If you want something that is rushed to the market before it's time get an iPhone.

Waiting patiently, well trying, for RIM to get it right.
    Dennis
    08-24-08 12:28 PM
    Goodness Radioboy, someone pee in your cornflakes this lovely morning?

I thought it was good info. I wanted to thank him. The information may have been vague, but it sounded genuine. So in my opinion it was good info. Etc.

Thank you CX by the way.

08-24-08 12:38 PM
    he said it probably wont be out till next year, maybe December.
    Did he mean December of next year or this December with the possibility of the beginning of next year?

EDIT:
    @Crucial is there anything you are aware of that may push the release out several months to a year?
    08-24-08 12:49 PM

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. This device is almost ready and we'll be released very soon and I know this for a fact. They released the Bold as soon as they fixed all the glitches on that phone and as for the Thunder it is 99% complete. So we we'll see these phones around soon, meaning October or November for sure.

He is right, if RIM waits (which they do not want to do) it just gives the competition more time to work on their 3rd generation phone. RIM would have loved to have released this device yesterday if they could have.
    08-24-08 01:03 PM
    YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. This device is almost ready and we'll be released very soon and I know this for a fact. They released the Bold as soon as they fixed all the glitches on that phone and as for the Thunder it is 99% complete. So we we'll see these phones around soon, meaning October or November for sure.

He is right, if RIM waits (which they do not want to do) it just gives the competition more time to work on their 3rd generation phone. RIM would have loved to have released this device yesterday if they could have.
    I think you might actually be the ***** that you make yourself out to be. First off it is will not we'll, lets get that one out of the way. Second, CX didn't say it was going to be delayed. He just said so what if they delay it, atleast it would be right. You are saying it's almost ready and will be released very soon. But you are also the one who said that this device hasn't even left the doors at RIM. But it's just ready huh? You are an *****. And quite immature because you get on this forum to only try and pick fights/arguments with one person. Which shows you are exactly what I have previously stated. As far as the Thunder being out in Oct. It probably will be, but then again everyone knows that. What are you trying to be a wannabe Boy Genius with your predictions? ROFLMAO. Quit looking at the verizon SKU sheet.
    08-24-08 01:17 PM
    YOU MAKE ME LAUGH. This device is almost ready and we'll be released very soon and I know this for a fact. They released the

I never said it wasn't. Howz about you hop off my D***.
    08-24-08 01:20 PM
    Did he mean December of next year or this December with the possibility of the beginning of next year?

EDIT:
    @Crucial is there anything you are aware of that may push the release out several months to a year?
    Sorry, I meant December of this year. He said it will most likely come out early next year and maybe December this year if we're lucky. I hope he is wrong =P
    08-24-08 01:22 PM
    By gimping Diamond vs. Pro, are you referring to the same model structure that the iPhone uses??? i.e. 8 gig or 16 gig iPhone models?

Dennis
    I'm not sure I get your question. I was referring to a little flier thing that Sprint put out comparing their version of the Diamond to Verizons. And they made it seem like Verizon was taking the accelerometer off the phone and cutting the processing speed down, among other things, and apparently none of that is true.
    08-24-08 01:24 PM
    I personally would like the Thunder/Storm to be released ASAP, but would rather the phone be delayed and be as perfect as possible rather than release a glitchy phone that needs updates every two weeks to make it usable (cough*cough..iPhone...cough!) October is hopeful, November/December is what I am expecting so I can be super happy if it come out in October.
    08-24-08 01:30 PM
    I personally would like the Thunder/Storm to be released ASAP, but would rather the phone be delayed and be as perfect as possible rather than release a glitchy phone that needs updates every two weeks to make it usable (cough*cough..iPhone...cough!) October is hopeful, November/December is what I am expecting so I can be super happy if it come out in October.
    We need an animated in agreement nodding head smilie.

Dennis
    08-24-08 01:57 PM
    We need an animated in agreement nodding head smilie.

Dennis
    That would be awesome. Even a nice thumbs up or something. Happy to see we have a similar viewpoint.
    08-24-08 02:09 PM
    This thread is funny
    08-24-08 02:22 PM
    That would be awesome. Even a nice thumbs up or something. Happy to see we have a similar viewpoint.

Dennis
    08-24-08 02:36 PM
    I'm not sure I get your question. I was referring to a little flier thing that Sprint put out comparing their version of the Diamond to Verizons. And they made it seem like Verizon was taking the accelerometer off the phone and cutting the processing speed down, among other things, and apparently none of that is true.
    Thank god, because If I can't get Thunder then I will probably get the touch diamond.
    08-24-08 03:16 PM
    Thank god, because If I can't get Thunder then I will probably get the touch diamond.
    Yup. Exactly how I am looking at it.
    08-24-08 03:17 PM
    Thank you, Super Bling...THAT is the point I was trying to make without CX jumping down my throat for expressing my opinion. I don't care if it comes out in October or in Feburary of next year...because I'm not even eligible for my upgrade until May of '09 anyway. What I *DO* care about is that RIM take down the monster that is Apple, by producing the first true iPhone competitor. And if they were actually waiting until possibly December of NEXT YEAR, they would not have had a chance.

I see that the date estimate has since been corrected though. Continue licking CX's ballz, everyone. I'll continue lurking since "newbies" clearly aren't too welcome around here.
    08-24-08 04:35 PM

I didn't read all of this thread but when I went to the VZ store on friday the sales associated asked me if I wanted to wait instead of getting a curve because the thunder is supposed to be released late/mid oct.

i dont know if its true or not but thats what the rep told me.
    08-24-08 04:43 PM
    ...Continue licking CX's ballz, everyone. I'll continue lurking since "newbies" clearly aren't too welcome around here.
    "Newbies" who show immaturity and disrespect for others like this are not welcomed by most here...

And with much respect for and towards the Mods here... it would be much fairer to those who respect this site's wishes and conduct to ban offenders rather than to shut down a thread because of their bad conduct...

Causing discord and disrespect, it would seem, is the objective of those who don't respect this board or community members.

Again not dissing the Mods, but rather the immature and hateful offenders of this sites code of conduct.

Just my 2 cents.

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-24-08 at 05:12 PM.
    08-24-08 05:04 PM
    "Newbies" who show immaturity and disrespect for others like this are not welcomed by most here...

And with much respect for and towards the Mods here... it would be much fairer to those who respect this site's wishes and conduct to ban offenders rather than to shut down a thread because of their bad conduct...

Causing discord and disrespect, it would seem, is the objective of those who don't respect this board or community members.

Just my 2 cents.

Dennis

Lol, I wouldn't even sweat it Dlt. He's not quite as bad as super bling, who gets on CB(obviously on a new username) to look into ONE FORUM, and only posts to FLAME me. LMAO. It honestly speaks for itself.

As to the new guy, no disrespect, but if he would have read the guys post correctly, he'd seen that the OP meant Dec of this year not next. Regardless, RIM is going to take a large share of the market whenever it is released. And if people really want it to be an iphone killer, then it would probably be best to be patient and let RIM make it the best it can be. As far as it being 99% finished, LMAO. I believe that speaks for itself as well. But people can choose whatever they want to believe. But, I totally done responding to peoples ignorance(SB), and childish behavior, and forum trolls.
    08-24-08 05:14 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD