Ok i'm a BB newb.

I got my Storm yesterday and set up my email address so i can get emails to my phone but when i try to log in on the website it asks for a username and password....i cant remember making one at all :S...when i do go to create an account it says my pin already has an account and when i requested a password to my pin it emailed my blackberry telling me i needed to create an account on the Blackberry on BIS..

Im very confused :S

any help please

oh and does anyone have any idea when the firmware will be updated for Vodafone users? because my phone started doing that one way audio thing earlier :/
    12-03-08 08:48 AM
    Go to ypur settings icon, in there you will find an email settings icon. Look around for the option to create a username and password.

Vodafone will hopefully realease an updated OS very soon the 8th December has been mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 09:11 AM
    From the main screen, click on Email Setup. It will open a web page on the BB's browser. In there you should have options for create BlackBerry username. That is what you need to be able to access BIS from a computer. You can also add the email address you want from in the Email Setup icon
    12-03-08 09:21 AM
    From the main screen, click on Email Setup. It will open a web page on the BB's browser. In there you should have options for create BlackBerry username. That is what you need to be able to access BIS from a computer. You can also add the email address you want from in the Email Setup icon

Ahh brilliant..yeah so ive got that done now...but still cant log into the BIS site on my Mac....is it being slow at validating it? :S

edit: Cheers to both of you for your help
    Last edited by Alexander The Great; 12-03-08 at 09:33 AM.
    12-03-08 09:28 AM
    Possibly its on the go slow today.

Make sure you're not logged into both at the same time. Log out of the one on the device and close. Close and reopen the webpage on your pc.

Welcome to CB BTW

12-03-08 09:42 AM
    I created an email user name over a week ago and I still can't log in to the BIS website. Same problem; when i click to create an account it says i already have one and when i click to have my password sent to my device it doesn't send anything. any ideas what might be going on?
    12-03-08 09:54 AM
    I created an email user name over a week ago and I still can't log in to the BIS website. Same problem; when i click to create an account it says i already have one and when i click to have my password sent to my device it doesn't send anything. any ideas what might be going on?
    If you can log into the BIS site on your device using the username and password you created there then you should be able to log into the website.

If not a call to your carrier/ network should sort it. Then can reset things.

Hope that helps

12-03-08 09:59 AM
    Possibly its on the go slow today.

Make sure you're not logged into both at the same time. Log out of the one on the device and close. Close and reopen the webpage on your pc.

Welcome to CB BTW

how do you do this?
    12-03-08 10:00 AM
    If you created a username and password then you should be logged in you will have the option to add or delete email addresses etc and there is a log out button. If you have closed it already then it should automatically log you out. It may just be a little slower.

12-03-08 10:05 AM
    ok gang, i just struggled with this on Verizon - here's how to remove your sig:

the process works like this:

1. setup a username on your bberry
    2. from yer desktop, go online to the verizon link at the beginning of this thread
    3. login using username created in step 1
    4. select an email address to change + delete that ugly sig.

Here's the play-by-play. Step 1 was the most confusing for me

1. on your bberry, go to Email Settings -> Click Services and Settings
    2. Click "Create New Username"
    3. scroll thru the nonsense they print there, and enter a usrname/password
    4. Now: from yer desktop browser, go to the link at the top of this thread BlackBerry Internet Service

5. login using the usr/pwd you created in step 3
    6. once you;re in, you'll see any email accounts you've already setup (you also have the option of setting up a new account)
    7. Want to remove that nasty verizon signature?? click the little edit pencil icon next to the email account - voila! delete the sig and click "save"

crackberry out.

Pay close attention to all the steps..
    12-03-08 10:16 AM
    Ok finally got it to work, i had to go to email settings then click add, then press the menu button and click create new username.

cheers everyone
    12-04-08 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD