So now that my Storm is definitely a keeper, I put my Curve on Craigslist for $150 and had 3 people lined up to buy it by noon!

The gal who has it now texted me and asked "how do I remove your email accounts?" oops

Is there a way to remove or disable the accounts on a phone I no longer have? I logged into the bis site and changed my login password, but I'm unsure if that will stop that phone from receiving or sending email, or whether it even *can* send and receive anyway. I don't want to change my actual email account passwords as that would be a bit over the top since I don't do anything with security risks by email anyway.
    01-06-09 07:24 PM
    just log into your BIS account and switch the PIN to your Storm. This will prevent any new emails from going to the old device. Then you can give the new user instructions on how to wipe the old device.
    01-06-09 07:26 PM
    Switching the PIN/ESN(MEID) combo in your BIS account will allow you to start receiving the emails to your device. They shouldn't receive any new emails on your old phone if the telephone number has been switched to your new device. The only issue is that until they do a wipe to the phone, they will be able to see any e-mails that previously went to that old device.
    01-06-09 07:34 PM
    how do you guys create a name on the BIS site? It keeps telling me I already have one created. but when I try that name it says it is wrong.
    01-06-09 07:35 PM
    I called the 1800 number to verizon on the blackberry BIS site and they set it up.
    01-06-09 08:00 PM
    just log into your BIS account and switch the PIN to your Storm.
    Well I did that 6 weeks ago when I bought the Storm... But since I never powered up the Curve with a valid phone number since I got the Storm, I wasn't sure whether or not the Curve could still get mail once it had a valid phone+data account again. I'm quite sure once it receives new service books that all the accounts will be wiped out, just wasn't sure if they might function partially until she gets new service books sent.

Bob
    01-06-09 08:09 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service is the site
    01-06-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD