I've searched but haven't found an answer to this issue. When I use the soft key lock and then unlock the screen, the accelerometer will not work. I either have to do a battery pull or restart the Storm. I read some other posts and deleted the VRNavigator although I was enjoying playing with it. It did not make a difference. The accelerometer works fine and only freezes when I use the soft key lock. Is this a software problem or do I have a bad phone?
    11-23-08 10:13 PM
    I don't have that problem when using the lock function.
    11-23-08 10:20 PM
    I have the same problem, it has done this to me about 3 times, I had to shut the phone off and restart to fix. It has only happened to me once today, twice yesterday.
    11-23-08 10:20 PM
    the lock key freezes mine too. i stopped using it and it works fine now, really there is no need for the lock key because you have to press the screen down to select stuff anyway.
    11-23-08 10:25 PM
    YES!! i'm glad i'm not the only one. it seems to slowly clear up..ike its asleep
    doc
    11-23-08 10:28 PM
    I've searched but haven't found an answer to this issue. When I use the soft key lock and then unlock the screen, the accelerometer will not work. I either have to do a battery pull or restart the Storm. I read some other posts and deleted the VRNavigator although I was enjoying playing with it. It did not make a difference. The accelerometer works fine and only freezes when I use the soft key lock. Is this a software problem or do I have a bad phone?
    It's a firmware issue. A lot of the reviewers were experiencing this problem as well. The new firmware resolves this issue. We just have to wait for it to be released -.-
    11-23-08 10:36 PM
    I was having the same issue with using the soft lock key on the top of the phone. It seems to be fixed by programming the left side convience key to lock the phone. After doing this it no longer locks the accelerometer.
    11-24-08 10:51 AM
    Yeah same here. I'll lock the phone and unlock and it stays stuck in landscape. I have to lock and unlock a few times to get it to work
    11-24-08 10:53 AM
    You have to use the newly programmed key to lock the phone for it to not lock the accelerometer.
    11-24-08 10:54 AM
    if you want to unlock the phone and not have it stuck . . . press the screen first to wake it up . . then hit the unlock button. It seems the accelerometer goes to sleep with the screen off and the phone locked.
    11-24-08 11:27 AM
    I have the same prob. Doesn't happen everytime i lock the keyboard, but prob about once a day i'll experience this. Hopefully "today's update" fixes it!
    11-24-08 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD