I guess I'm not the only fool paying full retail this Friday! I just picked up a Pearl earlier this year so I'm SOL with getting a discount on the storm.

I've paid full retail a few years ago when the Motorola Q came out, that must have been about $450 or so. I used it for almost 2 yrs and managed to sell it for $130 on ebay! ha!
    11-19-08 08:01 AM
    I just got a white 3g iphone, and i am very seriously considering selling that to get the storm... i would actually make a bit of money on the side and be able to still pay my ETF.

Paid 324
    Exps - 40 (insible shield, charger, etc)
    ETF - 175
    ====
    539 - Cost
    600 - Sell (or more)
    ====
    61 Net Profit....

Not bad....

I can then sign a new contract with Verizon, but i have to still think about it, call me old fashioned, but I LOVE my 8830.... and the keyboard.... i cant get over how great it is....
    11-19-08 08:08 AM
    I hate to bring this up again, but I called two different Verizon stores this morning to ask about full retail sales on Friday. Both times the first person I talked to told me that anyone will be able to purchase. I asked them to confirm this and both times they came back and said that they will only be selling to new subscribers/upgrade-eligible customers, but I will be able to order one at full retail on Friday. The first store said they are getting 30 units; the second store did not know how many they will get.

I know there has been much debate about this and it could be that each store is doing its own thing, but if you are planning to buy at full retail I would suggest calling around to make sure that you're not going to be waiting out in the cold Friday morning only to find that your only option is to order one. I hope I can buy one, but this could be the reason Verizon is only advertising the new 2-year contract price for 11/21.

I guess I'll mosey on in at opening - if I can buy one, great; if not, I'll just order one. I've waited this long, surely a few more days won't kill me.
    11-19-08 09:17 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD