Hey everybody,

Had my storm for a couple weeks now and the only feature I haven't really messed around with is the video. I've seen the how-to's on how to convert DVDs to the Storm, but those all take a while, and I would also like some videos I haven't seen already.

Basically, my question is if there is anywhere I can just download videos to play on my Storm? Or do I have to convert all of the videos I want to watch?

Thanks
    03-03-09 09:28 AM
    Try this site: http://videos4blackberry.info/joomla/

Note that it seems to be going through some maintenance for a few days.

This site has a ton of stuff, but mostly TV shows.
    03-03-09 09:33 AM
    Also try this: Download movies. Thousands of full length movies available for instant downloads. Huge list of supported formats: divx, ipod, pda, dvd etc.
    I haven't used it yet but read others on here have. I think everyone is using the ipod touch format when downloading. Your storm uses the mp4 format for the video. By the way, I transfer all of my DVDS over and it is taking me on average about 10 minutes per DVD. It is pretty quick. Good Luck.
    03-03-09 09:39 AM
    You can download the free PodTrapper trial and browse through the directory looking for video podcasts. There are lots of options ranging from mass media like NBC nighly news, Today Show, etc. to internet media like The Onion, to movie trailers, and home grown video.

The OTA 3rd party apps page has the link to the application. You can also google "video podcast" to find items that would match your interests.
    03-03-09 09:47 AM
    By the way, I transfer all of my DVDS over and it is taking me on average about 10 minutes per DVD.
    Thanks for the link.

Just curious what method you're using to convert the DVDs? I've tried a few different methods and when it did work it took about 2-3 hours from start to finish. Also note, I'm using a laptop to do the conversions which is probably effecting the conversion speed.
    03-03-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD