I currently have a pearl 8110 on AT&T. I really need something faster, processor wise. I was thinking of buying a storm unlocked and putting it on AT&T. I can get one for around $300. Would this be wise, or should I wait for another phone such as the onyx to come out? My main concern is that if the storm breaks then I won't be able to do anything about it, seeing as there would be no warranty, and with all the screen issues and os issues it just kind of makes me nervous... Any suggestions?
    06-07-09 10:59 PM
    I am so sick of the Storm! I highly suggest looking for something that actually works. The storm is junk!
    06-07-09 11:33 PM
    I have Verizon and I purchased a refurbished Storm. It has worked great and with the new OS updates it is fantastic. It is a phone that takes some getting use to because it is totally different from the pearl. So if you need to have actual keys to press and not a touch screen I would wait. I went from a Curve to the Sotrm and I love it.
    06-07-09 11:37 PM
    I would wait for the onyx personally.
    06-07-09 11:38 PM
    I am so sick of the Storm! I highly suggest looking for something that actually works. The storm is junk!
    and that is your opinion and I have mine. The storm is a great choice. I have had very few issues with mine and with the new OS being out you should be able to have a very useable storm. As far as the screen issues are concerned, well I would check it out before you purchase it.
    Bold still has fastest proc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    See, that's why im a little hesitant... I suppose I could get something else such as an 8900 and then when the storm 2 comes out I'm sure the 1st Gen prices will plummit... I also really like how the onyx sounds, but Its not going to be out for awhile...
    06-07-09 11:40 PM
    Whoa replies while I was typing lol thanks for your input, I know the bold is fastest and has 3g, but it is just a little big for my taste
    06-07-09 11:45 PM
    I'm using the storm on ATT and love it. It took some time getting use to it but think it's a great phone. Yes the bold has a faster processor but able to use the bold and it's full capability on ATT is pretty cool.

I have an extra one that's unlocked with ATT service books available for sale in 9.5/10 condition. Email me if interested at kidkamel @ gmail.com

Kidkamel
    06-08-09 12:09 AM
    *facepalm*

Why do people even ask these questions...
    06-08-09 12:15 AM
    There's nothing wrong with the storm as long as you keep updating it..and take care of it.
    I RARELY put my storm in my purse, pocket, or bag.
    It's always in my hand..or on my lap when i'm driving..Get a hard case for it..in case you drop it..and get a screen protector.
    If you don't want to go through all that, which isn't that much, then go with a bold.
    06-08-09 12:59 AM
    if your main concern is about warranty replacement, then just get a phone that your carrier offers.....but if your not worried about it, then get the storm, its an awesome device if you know how to tweak with it and do updates!
    06-08-09 01:01 AM
    I would get the 8900 or the Bold if i were on AT&T'S network.
    06-08-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD