Kind of a newb to the Storm and I was just trying to get my facts straight...

The Storm will be 3G on Verizon's network right?

But when I'm at home I will not be able to connect to my WiFi home network?
    11-11-08 06:04 PM
    Storm will not have WiFi.
    11-11-08 06:06 PM
    Thank you.
    11-11-08 06:06 PM
    No Wi-fi antenna is installed. Maybe in later versions. There's more info at the Stickied Storm Super resource page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 06:07 PM
    can anyone shed some light on the difference between att and verizons 3g network, speed, etc....i hear on the bold you can data and voice at the same time,....is this possible on the storm?
    11-11-08 06:17 PM
    No that's not possible on the storm, simultaneous voice and data is only on GSM 3G, hence AT&T

11-11-08 06:30 PM
    can anyone shed some light on the difference between att and verizons 3g network, speed, etc....i hear on the bold you can data and voice at the same time,....is this possible on the storm?
    VzW= CDMA (Rev. 0 and A)
    AT&T= GSM (HSPA? not sure)

IIRC:

CDMA Rev A (Storm 9530). does allow simultaneous data and voice transmission. Voice would be transmitted as VoIP, not the traditional way.

11-11-08 06:31 PM
    NO WIFI

you must wait till possibly a later version

Maybe bigger letters and people will get the picture more clearly
    11-11-08 08:07 PM
    No that's not possible on the storm, simultaneous voice and data is only on GSM 3G, hence AT&T

what if i am browsing the web on my phone and someone tries to call me? will the call take priority?
    11-11-08 08:22 PM
    Oh dear God....
    11-11-08 08:25 PM
    Oh dear God....
    if youre referring to my post, i had a phone before that would go straight to my voicemail if i was browsing the web on it. thats why i was asking
    11-11-08 09:40 PM
    if youre referring to my post, i had a phone before that would go straight to my voicemail if i was browsing the web on it. thats why i was asking
    I should have been more specific. I was not referring to you, but the thread.
    11-11-08 10:10 PM
    I should have been more specific. I was not referring to you, but the thread.
    no harm no foul
    11-11-08 10:29 PM
    For the most part when it comes to blackberry's the phone call takes priority. However now that it will have voice and data at the same time. It really shouldn't be a issue. Like even if your listening to music (on the emulator anyway) when a phone call comes in the music pauses.
    11-12-08 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD