After dropping my Storm and having the glass spider crack inside and render 66% of the screen useless, I'm off to the BB Tour (VZW) ... I was looking forward to going back to buttons, I'm happy knowing that if the screen cracks I can still use the phone, but now I remember what it was like to press a button and have it just plain work! It was fun playing with Beta OS', and I'm sure I'll do so with the Tour to get new features, but overall, I'm so incredibly happy to be off of the touch screen! As nice as it is, its not usable enough for a heavy-duty business user! Enjoy it the rest of you, I hope it gets better ... if not, get a Tour or the 8520 when its out!
    07-27-09 08:04 PM
    Press softer on the screen.
    07-27-09 08:12 PM
    Have fun with the flimsy battery door card and the small screen! im jk jk The tour is a very stable device and if you like the trackball you will have fun with your new device.
    07-27-09 08:15 PM
    A newb come by to bash the storm. Troll perhaps?
    07-27-09 08:28 PM
    I think anyone whose gone the the ups and downs with the storm has the right to state their leaving to a tour but its when they immaturely state it that gets annoying. I never thought I would say this but I do miss regular keys. I still love the touch screen but cmon we all grew up with regular buttons so its understandable that the tour may be a more comfortable option for some.
    07-27-09 08:39 PM
    Not really sure
    K that was old about 5 years ago, you can stop now. How old are you 15?
    07-27-09 08:41 PM
    I love my storms. Hate Verizon
    07-27-09 08:42 PM
    K that was old about 5 years ago, you can stop now. How old are you 15?
    Did I miss something? I don't understand what he's not really sure of, and I can't figure out why you're offended by him not knowing what he's talking about.
    07-27-09 08:47 PM
    Did I miss something? I don't understand what he's not really sure of, and I can't figure out why you're offended by him not knowing what he's talking about.

Haha check around on his posts.. Hes going from thread to thread saying that. Pretty much spaming, It threw me off at first too I was like wtf you can quote what your trying to reply to!
    07-27-09 08:49 PM
    Haha check around on his posts.. Hes going from thread to thread saying that. Pretty much spaming, It threw me off at first too I was like wtf you can quote what your trying to reply to!
    Thanks for the explanation. I just popped in so I haven't seen him around being "not really sure". The mods should take his post count away from him if he has absolutely nothing else to offer though.
    07-27-09 08:56 PM
    ive had the storm since it dropped and have had 5 of them and i love it but i would also love to get a tour just to play with it and see if i could get used to buttons and the smaller screen again..
    07-27-09 09:20 PM
    I went to the Verizon store today and played w the Tour for a little while. I can honestly say, if your a heavy texter then the Tour is definitely for you. If you use it more for the media capabilities then the Storm is for you. Either way its nice to see RIM putting out a nice variety of phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Nakihara; 07-27-09 at 10:06 PM.
    07-27-09 10:03 PM
    You hate the storm. Good for you, now go away.

07-27-09 10:30 PM
    Civic strikes again. I have the tour(for business only) and ya it is not my most liked bb right now. My storm is the sh!t and I will continue to use it till the storm 2 comes out.

07-27-09 10:46 PM
    I mean seriously. RIM and VZW testers must have some serious beer goggles or something to think the Tour OS was release OK. I'm getting a bit concerned about the S2 the more I see of these newer handsets release under false pretenses.

07-27-09 10:57 PM
    I would definitely have pressed more softly on the screen ... if it wasnt for the 3.5ft fall, face down onto concrete that smashed and spider cracked the screen!

Some people say they don't like the Tour OS ... but i'm finding it to be exactly what I need - i do alot of emailing & texting on it (mostly business) and rarely use any media features (I have a M$ Zune for that) ... so the crappy sound quality doesn't matter ... I like being able to just type in a contact an dit instantly jumps to that person or the shortcut keys to go to different places instead of having to go through the menus for everything! I loved the storm for the cool factor, but the OS stunk, speed wasn't nearly as good, the camera was always slow - no matter which OS and which replacement phone I was currently on - and if the screen breaks, you're out a phone!

Enjoy the touch, Storm lovers, I'm gonna go play with my Tour
    07-29-09 04:37 PM
    [QUOTE=BryEDS;3201948]I would definitely have pressed more softly on the screen ... if it wasnt for the 3.5ft fall, face down onto concrete that smashed and spider cracked the screen![/quit]

Some people don't know how to read. Apparently the person who made that crack about your crack can't.

Some people say they don't like the Tour OS ... but i'm finding it to be exactly what I need - i do alot of emailing & texting on it (mostly business) and rarely use any media features (I have a M$ Zune for that) ... so the crappy sound quality doesn't matter ... I like being able to just type in a contact an dit instantly jumps to that person or the shortcut keys to go to different places instead of having to go through the menus for everything! I loved the storm for the cool factor, but the OS stunk, speed wasn't nearly as good, the camera was always slow - no matter which OS and which replacement phone I was currently on - and if the screen breaks, you're out a phone!

If Civic say's it's that bad, then all I gotta say is glad it's your Tour and not mine. After that raving review I'm glad my wife got "stuck" with a Curve.
    07-29-09 04:46 PM
    Some people don't know how to read. Apparently the person who made that crack about your crack can't.
    Some people don't have a sense of humor. Apparently, the person who made that crack about that other crack doesn't.
    07-29-09 05:09 PM
    i want the tour. but im stuck with my storm. i need to sell it.
    07-29-09 05:16 PM
    I went to the Verizon store today and played w the Tour for a little while. I can honestly say, if your a heavy texter then the Tour is definitely for you. If you use it more for the media capabilities then the Storm is for you. Either way its nice to see RIM putting out a nice variety of phones.

This isn't exactly accurate. Although a nice device, the Tour wouldn't be for me because I don't like trackballs. Only thing worse (as far as I'm conncerned) would be using the old side scroll wheel.

I txt pretty heavily and don't have any issues at all using my 9530. Only time I was slowed down was when I purchased the device and was learning it - once I got the past the learning curve I was fine. I truly believe that's part of the issue here - some people never get beyond that point. It's a unique device and they can't completely get the feel for it, or, they do, yet still can't adapt to it enough to be efficient with it. Certainly not true in all cases, but I'd wager it applies to a great many Storm-haters out there or just those wanting to make a switch. They'll (some) blame their failure on the device when, in fact, the device is functioning properly.

Bottom line: there are a lot of crappy Stroms out there, we all know that. Still, that doesn't dismiss the fact that touch screens simply aren't for everyone. Couple that with new tech like surepress and it's a disaster for some - no way around it.

I maintain that, as is the case with all else in life (whether it be althletics, driving a car, communicating with people, etc., etc.... you name it), some people are just going to be more proficient with the device than others. They'll be better at using it and therefore have far less issues and much less to complain about - it's just that simple.
    Last edited by grgiwoyna; 07-29-09 at 05:38 PM.
    07-29-09 05:27 PM
    These dumb threads
    07-29-09 05:40 PM
    I would definitely have pressed more softly on the screen ... if it wasnt for the 3.5ft fall, face down onto concrete that smashed and spider cracked the screen!

Ehhh... this isn't really that much of an issue for most. Wouldn't really matter what device it was, beit a Storm, Tour, Bold, Curve - whatever. If the screen cracked I wouldn't leave it like that, live with it and go about my business - I'd simply get the device replaced. That's why we insure the devices. So I might be without it for a day or so... big whoop.

I do agree with you as far as the camera goes. Still, it's such a minor function of the phone (for me, anyway...I don't really use it all that much) and more of a convenience feature, that it's really inconsequential to me how long it takes. Who buys a BlackBerry for a speedy camera anyway?
    07-29-09 05:56 PM
    I got really really tired of the storm so I went back to my curve till I can get my tour I loved my storm so much just didn't work. Wasn't ment to be!

07-29-09 06:21 PM
    I got really really tired of the storm so I went back to my curve till I can get my tour I loved my storm so much just didn't work. Wasn't ment to be!

Nice first post!!

I wonder what other names your registered under.
    07-29-09 06:27 PM
    Thats what I be saying. Your first post. Not 1000. Not 500. Not even 50. Their first post, and its "how they the storm" or "I'm getting rid of the storm". Its just makes you wonder.
    07-29-09 06:31 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD