i got a curve about 3 months ago so i cant get the upgrade price. but my mom has an upgrade due, can i take her upgrade and get the storm for the discounted price??
    11-12-08 11:02 AM
    This has been asked multiple times. yes it's possible.
    11-12-08 11:05 AM
    You will probably have to put it under her number for a day, then just switch the ESN's (or whatever the code is for a BB) over the web. If you get hassled, just tell them is was too much device for her.
    11-12-08 11:05 AM
    Yes, I did this for my wife when she got her last phone. Which means that this time I'll have to take her upgrade to get my new phone. When you get the phone you just have to call in and have to swap things around. It's no big deal.
    11-12-08 11:06 AM
    I talked to Sales this morning. As long as you have a number that is eligible you can swap.
    11-12-08 11:07 AM
    You will probably have to put it under her number for a day, then just switch the ESN's (or whatever the code is for a BB) over the web. If you get hassled, just tell them is was too much device for her.

You don't have to do it that way.
    It's called an alternate or Buddy upgrade.
    They'll take care of it so it comes to you ready for use on your line.
    11-12-08 11:08 AM
    ok so i would upgrade my moms phone but she will still be able to keep the one she is on, they would just have to switch ESN. will she have to be present?
    11-12-08 11:08 AM
    Yes, your mom would have to be present unless she has you authorized to make changes to the account.

Watch out though, there have been alot of changes to VZW plans and terms lately...

Just take your BB in to the store, tell them the plan, and have them set it up for your line right then and there. That way there's no need for a second data line for a day/hour/whatever...

PS - this got me thinking... Has anyone else hear the rumors about the $35 advanced device return fee or that the test drive will only apply to minutes used, not data or messenging? Weird stuff happening!
    11-12-08 11:09 AM
    You don't have to do it that way.
    It's called an alternate or Buddy upgrade.
    They'll take care of it so it comes to you ready for use on your line.
    Oh, very cool. So now that I learned something today, can I go home and play Call of Duty??
    11-12-08 11:10 AM
    well, i do have master access on the entire plan so would she still need to be there?

also, what price am i looking at? i will be selling my curve so hopefully i can get a storm for "free"
    11-12-08 11:12 AM
    If you are the primary account holder then she will not have to be present.
    11-12-08 11:15 AM
    it's not a day either that your moms phone will need to be active for. i did this, then a minute later switched it to mine. it worked fine.
    11-12-08 11:27 AM
    Oh, very cool. So now that I learned something today, can I go home and play Call of Duty??
    only if you eat your vegetables, clean your room, and send 4000 dollars to account number 438239432432453.
    11-12-08 11:31 AM
    Just call up and ask for the alternative upgrade. Say your moms line is eligable for the upgrade and you want to use it on your line. Preorder the storm when available and sit back and wait for it to come to your house.
    11-12-08 11:46 AM
    Nope, talked to a guy last night. basically I think it's set up like this:

Say a family plan has 4 lines on it...as each comes to an upgrade point anyone can use them...doesn't matter how many times one line uses someone besides theirs, just that they're all pooled together almost.
    11-12-08 11:50 AM
    vzw should let people upgrade every year instead of 2...
    11-12-08 11:54 AM
    vzw should let people upgrade every year instead of 2...
    They do...
    It's call the Annual Upgrade.... The primary line on an account can upgrade EVERY year.... you jsut sign a new 2 year contract... and get promotional pricing... just no NE2 discount...

It used to be an online verizonwireless dot com thing but I called and asked last night and you CAN do it in stores also...

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
    Lee.
    11-12-08 12:14 PM
    Yeah and if you sign a one year contract you can upgrade every year too. I spoke to a CS rep who said you could buy the phone on one line and immediately activate it on another.
    11-12-08 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD