Yes yes pull the n00b card because in reality someones knowledge is obviously exponentially based on their number of posts on a internet forum.. You sir are worthy of a
    U know Brett; I am gonna sell u for a pack of cigarettes off line..........
    Ohhhhh forgive me I stooped soooo low;
    12-21-08 10:17 PM
    I have to say I have been very pleased with my storm, you have to also remember that the iphone is in its second reincarnation. The storm has runed me with touch screens i press on them expecting them to click, but that is just what you are used to. I get about 3 days out of my storm battery about 1.5 days when I first got it because of all the web surfing and playing that I was doing. I feel that a large portion of the people that did return their storms was from lack of knowledge on use of them since I have learned its shortcut keys and such I have grown to love it even more, dont get me wrong I did have my doubts but also I have heard talk of it and wonder just how many bought the storm decided they really did like touch screen then made the switch to att and got the ipod because that was what they really wanted to begin with?
    12-21-08 10:18 PM
    and its pointless comparing the iphone to the storm...If the iphone was on verizon, i'd be willing to be 75% of storm users would get the iphone. So, they're two diff phones
    maybe...maybe not...storm users are blackberry users above all, in most cases, so with a completely different OS, iPhone would only attract a few...in my opinion, not most
    12-21-08 10:19 PM
    Let me start by saying that I upgraded from a Samsung enV2. The Storm is also my very first smartphone. That said I don't know how I ever survived with out one. The internet is amazing and I find it very fast considering I am using a phone and not a computer. I admit that I had some trouble getting use to the whole touch screen typing and what not. After the understandable learning curve I have become very fast.

So back on topic, I was at a holiday party Saturday and got a chance to play with my friends iPhone 3g. I was so lost with the touchscreen. I kept clicking things and forgetting that just touching them would also click. The idea of the Storms first point then click is genius. I just feel that all you people who are giving up their storms are probably expecting to just buy one, open the box, and be on your way. Sometimes it actually takes some time to learn how stuff works. Maybe you guys are just incapable of figuring out the technology... All I'm saying is just cause you can't figure it out that does not make it a bad phone. I'm sure giving the time I could become very fast on an iPhone as well. The Storms is just better...
    exactly the way to look at it.

Many people discredit the storm because of things they couldn't get used to or thought was a dumb idea..

and also many people discredit the iPhone either because its apple or it doesn't do exactly what there current device does.

The truth is most these high end devices have there place in the market and if they didn't they wouldn't sell..
    12-21-08 10:26 PM
    Thanks milesmcever for helping to make my point...
    12-21-08 10:30 PM
    IMO, the iPhone and Storm are both great phones. A little different in their strengths. After having the Storm and using an iPhone, I would still go with the Storm. I also agree with the post that the Storm really wasn't targeted at the heavy BB user, but rather to bring in the masses from non-smart phones and WinMo phones. No matter how much you like the iPhone, its target isn't really towards a PDA crowd, but rather a Media crowd. I drool over the Safari interface but love the Storm's functionality. They both have places.
    12-21-08 11:06 PM
    I love this phone. I have played with a couple of phones and I just can't get used to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 11:09 PM
    As a former iphone user, I can honestly say it is a good phone.
    I switched to Verizon because of reception, and the fact they had a touch screen phone like the iphone.
    The iphone does lack a lot of office programs and it did not play well with my work email. I am sure this will improve over time, but in the meantime I was getting crap at the office for not getting my emails.
    Our office has always used BB's;7270 was my first one.

What the iphone has is easy to use interface that the general public can pick up and be an expert, there is no learning curve.

I have had a love/hate relationship with the Storm, but in the end it's doing what I need it for,it delivers my work email, has a better reception than AT&T and my calls are coming in clear(finally, after 3 phones).

I do miss the iphone's app store, the prices for programs seem to be cheaper for the iphone so far($.99-$5 for most) and the overall quickness.
    12-21-08 11:36 PM
    I am new to this forum but I thought I would weigh in because I owned the Iphone and now use the Storm. The Iphone does some things really well. It is a great Ipod that happens to be a phone as well. I found it to be very frustrating. My kids love it to play games, watch movies etc. As a phone and email device, I was constantly clicking on things I didn't want to select. I admit, it has a great browser.
    The storm takes a bit longer to learn and to tweak to your preferences. It is a far more sophisticated device. I have not had any of the troubles others have spoken of, no re-boots, irregular clicking screen. Mine has been a great device. I think often people aren't willing to try it and spend some time with it before making a snap judgement. It is not a phone you are going to pick up and just instantly know all the ins and out within a few minutes.
    I chose the Storm over the Iphone- so there are some of us out there who prefer this device.
    12-22-08 04:42 AM
    Maybe we'll start seeing the "Hi, I'm an iPhone" ... "Hi, I'm a Storm" commercials from Apple (ala Mac and PC commercials). I love my Storm, but the experience does feel a bit more like the PC experience thus far, especially with all the manual and detailed steps I had to go through to do a clean backup/wipe/upgrade to .83. Worked fine, but not a simple one-step process obviously. I do love the user experience on the iPhone and give Apple credit for how silky smooth, cool, and simple it is.

I'm wondering if the Storm has the "hardware guts" to compete with the iPhone, and from what I've seen in other posts, it would appear that it is indeed capable. So maybe there's hope that over time, the Storm will also become more silky smooth and cool like the iPhone.
    12-22-08 05:36 AM
    the iPhone really is completely different than any smartphone. Considering Steve jobs just called it a "gaming console" should confirm that.

I have an iPod touch and I love it, and I would get an iPhone except for the fact that I would wear down the battery so much from doing fun stuff like games and music, that I would never be able to use it as a phone

So I plan on buying a Blackberry soon as my phone/text device and leaving my iPod touch as my entertainment device
    12-22-08 05:44 AM
    maybe...maybe not...storm users are blackberry users above all, in most cases, so with a completely different OS, iPhone would only attract a few...in my opinion, not most
    This is very true. I work at Best Buy Mobile and the amount of people that come in to upgrade their current Blackberry vs the amount of people who come in and want it as their first outweighs the second by far! And its even on top of that, I see a lot of people are really going for the GSM capabilities of Verizon's Storm (upgrading from their current 8800). Just wanted to throw in my opinion!
    12-22-08 06:36 AM
    Let me start by saying that I upgraded from a Samsung enV2. The Storm is also my very first smartphone. That said I don't know how I ever survived with out one. The internet is amazing and I find it very fast considering I am using a phone and not a computer. I admit that I had some trouble getting use to the whole touch screen typing and what not. After the understandable learning curve I have become very fast.

So back on topic, I was at a holiday party Saturday and got a chance to play with my friends iPhone 3g. I was so lost with the touchscreen. I kept clicking things and forgetting that just touching them would also click. The idea of the Storms first point then click is genius. I just feel that all you people who are giving up their storms are probably expecting to just buy one, open the box, and be on your way. Sometimes it actually takes some time to learn how stuff works. Maybe you guys are just incapable of figuring out the technology... All I'm saying is just cause you can't figure it out that does not make it a bad phone. I'm sure giving the time I could become very fast on an iPhone as well. The Storms is just better...
    What you are saying is soooo true. I had never had a BB ... came to it from a Razr!! I opened the box and thought I'd just jump right in. I then had a hair appointment a day after I got it and took it with me to "play with" while waiting for my hair to process. I complained to everyone how awful the Storm was and that I would probably be returning it.
    Soooo, fast forward to my appointment this past Saturday. I was telling everyone how much I love the Storm!!!

It really does take time to get used to it and learn all that it will do. I didn't realize that .... now I do!!
    12-22-08 06:50 AM
    As much as the battery life on the Storm isn't that good, from what I have heard, the iPhone 3G is the same way. I told them what I did and he said if he did that on his phone, he would charge it more often. Alot of people don't remember but alot of programs for the Storm are 3rd party applications. Remember how people needed to get 3rd party apps to their iPhones, hacks. Also they were bricking theres.

Considering the stuff I do on the Storm, it's been good to me. I went back to play with the Voyager and I was lost, kept clicking things I shouldn't of and the internet speed on the Storm is fast.
    I had a iphone 3g for 6 months, the battery life sucks, unless all you do is call.

I had to charge my iphone almost 2x a day.

My storm usually goes 1.5 days without a charge..

My android g1 phone was the same as the iphone, always charging.

My htc phones were so-so, better than the g1 and the iphone, but no where close to the battery life as the storm.

12-22-08 07:00 AM
    have a touch, and have played lots on iphone. What I find that apple has done a fantastic job is 1)browser. IMO, no other phone can touch it. I renders every page I have thrown at it just like my computer does. 2)the apps coming from the store are great and low cost. an amazing number of people must be writing for this device! I can only hope that BB does something to push their sales figures out to the developer community. If they are really shooting for a few mil storms quickly, that is a significant number of users to purchase.
    12-22-08 07:18 AM
    Have u tried playing on a curve or 8800, I've seen on here a lot of people's first encounter with a BB is the storm and are normally shocked when they play with another BB. I personaly wouldn't buy anything other then a BB after getting my curve in April

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 07:27 AM
    Yes yes pull the n00b card because in reality someones knowledge is obviously exponentially based on their number of posts on a internet forum.. You sir are worthy of a
    At what point did I claim your knowledge was related to your post count?

I was saying that your level of RUDENESS was related to your post count.

But since I'm explaining this it looks like either way it was accurate.
    12-22-08 07:35 AM
    If the iphone was on verizon, i'd be willing to be 75% of storm users would get the iphone. So, they're two diff phones
    Not I. I need a good speakerphone, too.
    12-22-08 07:44 AM
    I use an iPhone 3G and Storm on a daily basis (I work in the mobility department in my company). Here are my random thoughts.....

1. Developing apps for the iPhone is far easier and better than the Blackberry platform. The Blackberry is never ever going to see the quality apps the iPhone is getting.
    2. Browsing, and media; not even close.
    3. Nothing approaches the Blackberry for email, and IM.
    4. The Storm OS was not made to work on a touchscreen device, it was modified to work with touchscreens. The iPhone OS was built specifically for a touchscreen. You can feel the difference.
    5. I still have problems using the phone on the Storm.
    6. Nothing comes close to Blackberry Messenger.

Comes down to this, if you want a device for Email, IM, and light browsing, get a blackberry (I would actual recommend the Bold). If you want a device with awesome 3rd party apps, web browsing, media, and you company support ActiveSync; get an iPhone.
    12-22-08 07:48 AM
    iphones are for high schoolers, blackberries are for those of us who get htings done.
    12-22-08 07:50 AM
    At what point did I claim your knowledge was related to your post count?

I was saying that your level of RUDENESS was related to your post count.

But since I'm explaining this it looks like either way it was accurate.
    Uncalled for rudness. Such a benign statement. To respond as he did makes no sense.

The civility on these boards has been reduced by 25% since the storm was released. Thats what you get in BB and Verizon create a "consumer oriented" device. You get everyone under the sun.
    12-22-08 08:41 AM
    Uncalled for rudness. Such a benign statement. To respond as he did makes no sense.

The civility on these boards has been reduced by 25% since the storm was released. Thats what you get in BB and Verizon create a "consumer oriented" device. You get everyone under the sun.
    So yoou're not fanning the flame of rudeness with your remark.

Ok and a one and a two and a three; Kumbaya my Lord kumbayaaaaaaa
    Kumbaya my Lord kumbayaaaaaa; kumbayaaaa. Ohhhhh Looord kumbayaaa.
    Come everybody feel the love. Hold hands and sign it with me.......
    12-22-08 08:52 AM
    Let's keep the discussion on topic or it will get closed.
    12-22-08 08:54 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD