Let me start by saying that I upgraded from a Samsung enV2. The Storm is also my very first smartphone. That said I don't know how I ever survived with out one. The internet is amazing and I find it very fast considering I am using a phone and not a computer. I admit that I had some trouble getting use to the whole touch screen typing and what not. After the understandable learning curve I have become very fast.

So back on topic, I was at a holiday party Saturday and got a chance to play with my friends iPhone 3g. I was so lost with the touchscreen. I kept clicking things and forgetting that just touching them would also click. The idea of the Storms first point then click is genius. I just feel that all you people who are giving up their storms are probably expecting to just buy one, open the box, and be on your way. Sometimes it actually takes some time to learn how stuff works. Maybe you guys are just incapable of figuring out the technology... All I'm saying is just cause you can't figure it out that does not make it a bad phone. I'm sure giving the time I could become very fast on an iPhone as well. The Storms is just better...
    12-21-08 08:38 PM
    The storm is an awesome phone...so is the LG enV2.
    12-21-08 08:40 PM
    As much as the battery life on the Storm isn't that good, from what I have heard, the iPhone 3G is the same way. I told them what I did and he said if he did that on his phone, he would charge it more often. Alot of people don't remember but alot of programs for the Storm are 3rd party applications. Remember how people needed to get 3rd party apps to their iPhones, hacks. Also they were bricking theres.

Considering the stuff I do on the Storm, it's been good to me. I went back to play with the Voyager and I was lost, kept clicking things I shouldn't of and the internet speed on the Storm is fast.
    12-21-08 08:44 PM
    "I went back to play with the Voyager and I was lost"

"I was at a holiday party Saturday and got a chance to play with my friends iPhone 3g. I was so lost with the touchscreen."

did the storm make you guys stupid?

and its pointless comparing the iphone to the storm...If the iphone was on verizon, i'd be willing to be 75% of storm users would get the iphone. So, they're two diff phones
    12-21-08 08:55 PM
    and its pointless comparing the iphone to the storm...If the iphone was on verizon, i'd be willing to be 75% of storm users would get the iphone. So, they're two diff phones
    Good one...
    12-21-08 08:57 PM
    Why would you be willing to bet that 75% of us would get an iPhone. I will admit that the best thing the iPhone has going for it is apple iTunes. I wish we could more easily put TV episodes and movies on our phones. Other then that what makes the iPhone so great? WiFi? Not a chance. Verizon 3g is plenty fast for surfing the web. Applications? Nope, it takes time but soon their will be just as many for the Storm. So what is it? Anything that is wrong with the phone is software update fixable, save the clicking problem which Verizon and RIM have been sending new phones out no questions asked. I done understand why a guy who does not have a Storm spends all this time on the Blackberry forums? Do you even have an iPhone? Did you have a Storm and return it because you couldn't figure it out?
    Last edited by kriskulseth; 12-21-08 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo
    12-21-08 09:11 PM
    Maybe you guys are just incapable of figuring out the technology... All I'm saying is just cause you can't figure it out that does not make it a bad phone.
    Wow the noob already calling Storm haters mow-rons wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He's got nads; remember feel the love now and welcome
    12-21-08 09:20 PM
    The storm is an awesome phone...so is the LG enV2.
    lol you beat me to it lol; i was reading and it said SamSung enV2 and i was what.. wait when did SamSung copy LG lol..
    12-21-08 09:21 PM
    One thing you have to remember about the iPhone is that is was designed form the ground up for touch interface. The Storm's UI was adapted to use touch, this is very apparent for me as I own both devices. What the iPhone lacks in features (AD2P, copy/paste, etc..) it makes up for in sheer usability. Like it or not the iPhone has a fantastic UI.
    12-21-08 09:22 PM
    Why would you be willing to bet that 75% of us would get an iPhone. I will admit that the best thing the iPhone has going for it is apple iTunes. I wish we could more easily put TV episodes and movies on our phones. Other then that what makes the iPhone so great? WiFi? Not a chance. Verizon 3g is plenty fast for surfing the web. Applications? Nope, it takes time but soon their will be just as many for the Storm. So what is it? Anything that is wrong with the phone is software update fixable, save the clicking problem which Verizon and RIM have been sending new phones out no questions asked. I done understand why a guy who does not have a Storm spends all this time on the Blackberry forums? Do you even have an iPhone? Did you have a Storm and return it because you couldn't figure it out?
    I've always been a lurker on this forum and I have to finally chime in because of the ridiculousness that goes on here.
    Firstly, I am not a stranger to any mobile platform over the past 8 years, I've owned almost every window based or blackberry based or whatever based phone verizon has had to offer.

What killed me most about the storm (which I used for 28 days, so yes I spend some time with it and was very efficient at using it) is that it simply fails at what it should be doing best; being a blackberry.

Sadly with verizon and their awesome reputation for crippling every device that they sell - they finally managed to screw up a blackberry. So I put a major fault on verizon for screwing this phone up - however RIM itself also clearly rushed this and the phone is just not hardware sound (button issues, screen movement). What boggles my mind the most is that they don't even advertise the phone in real life - Has anyone noticed the exaggerated size of the phone/ flawless screen/ fake click noise? Its sad - this device had so much potential but its fatally flawed to anyone who is familiar with these types of devices; HOWEVER people unfamiliar with the potential of devices like this the storm probably seems awesome.

I'm sure if verizon and rim have half a brain they will resolve all the issues I stated with future hardware updates etc. Hopefully it won't be too little too late.
    12-21-08 09:27 PM
    The iphone is nice no doubt but the Storm has overall better functionality.
    The iphone is a third down back.
    The Storm can play the whole game.
    Nothing wrong with a good 3rd down back though.
    12-21-08 09:28 PM
    I would NEVER get an iphone. I might have gone for a Bold, if VZW had one, but I would never get an iphone.
    12-21-08 09:29 PM
    putting tv shows on my storm is easier IMO than on an iphone because i just torrent it straight onto the phone as it sits and charges
    12-21-08 09:32 PM
    putting tv shows on my storm is easier IMO than on an iphone because i just torrent it straight onto the phone as it sits and charges
    That is a GREAT idea! I'm gonna start doing that too.
    12-21-08 09:49 PM
    The iphone is nice no doubt but the Storm has overall better functionality.
    The iphone is a third down back.
    The Storm can play the whole game.
    Nothing wrong with a good 3rd down back though.
    Because you have owned one? If you have actually owned one you would not be making statements like this. You are ridiculous.

A better metaphor would be throwing the freshman highschool player in the game at NFL level. Sheesh.
    12-21-08 09:49 PM
    Because you have owned one? If you have actually owned one you would not be making statements like this. You are ridiculous.

A better metaphor would be throwing the freshman highschool player in the game at NFL level. Sheesh.
    Thank you Five-Post, for trashing a Crackberry Regular.

Good job. Way to make yourself accepted and welcome.
    12-21-08 09:52 PM
    Good call on getting the Storm. I too have had some time playing with the Iphone (brothers had one for over a year). Storms click screen IMO makes it much nicer to navigate, far fewer accidental selections. With the app center coming it will soon be the king of cool
    12-21-08 09:54 PM

I was trying to be nice....................
    12-21-08 09:56 PM
    I dont care how good the phone is, if its on ATT im not buying it.
    12-21-08 09:59 PM

ROFL Leave it up to good ol Cap; what the heck lets go and p/u chicks showing off our Storms
    12-21-08 10:01 PM
    I won't lie. I've played around on the iphone and I love it. Didn't notice any dust under the screen like my 7 day old Storm has.
    12-21-08 10:02 PM
    I feel like RIM was trying to target a different audience with the Storm. I may be wrong in saying this but someone looking for a PDA strictly for business who emails and edits documents all day long would go buy a Bold or a Curve. In the same way that a construction worker looking to buy a truck for his business goes and buys a 1-Ton+ Diesel not a Honda Ridgeline. Obviously I am one of those people. I don't send hundreds of emails a day. I'm just a guy who appreciates technology and likes to have a phone capable of surfing the Internet and receiving my personal email. That said maybe I don't deal with many of the annoyances that some users are experiencing. I would also venture to say that many iPhone users aren't using them strictly as a business phone. I never thought much about buying a Blackberry until the storm came along since many of its Pros would be lost on me because I'd rarely use them. Therefore RIM succeeded in selling a Blackberry to me that I wouldn't have bought before the Storm.

I also meant LG not Samsung just whoops...

So not to be rude but is it really necessary to discredit my opinion based on the fact that I don't have the time to post 400 posts. Ya I might be a noob to posting on this forum but in no way am I new to forums. I was just tired of seeing a million people posting about returning their Storm for said reason. Some of us are patient and enjoy are Storms.
    12-21-08 10:02 PM
    I won't lie. I've played around on the iphone and I love it. Didn't notice any dust under the screen like my 7 day old Storm has.
    Picky picky picky and if u can't say anything nice say nothing at all.
    12-21-08 10:03 PM

Yes yes pull the n00b card because in reality someones knowledge is obviously exponentially based on their number of posts on a internet forum.. You sir are worthy of a
    12-21-08 10:06 PM
    Yes yes pull the n00b card because in reality someones knowledge is obviously exponentially based on their number of posts on a internet forum.. You sir are worthy of a
    My point exactly. Well put.
    12-21-08 10:13 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD