About my phone heating up and not charging and he told me I could either claim it under warranty and get a refurb or I could claim it under insurance and pay $50 and get a like new one. After I paid $200 for a new one when I signed up I can't believe there tellin me I have to pay to get a like new one now. Thoughts anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 08:12 PM
    well... refurbs are certified to be "like-new" quality.... Save your $50 for after your 1year warranty is up. Take the refurb
    06-22-09 08:19 PM
    I may be talking out my backside, but have you tried a new battery?
    I dont have an answer to your real question, I can only say, I'd hate to have to get a refurbed device as a replacement. I may have to, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

And excuse my postwhoring, I keep trying to post images in threads, and I cant yet. So Im in ur threadz, horing my countz
    06-22-09 08:20 PM
    I'm with Bob ... ask VZW to replace your batt. It's covered by your warranty, too. Don't file insurance .. no reason to pay $50.
    06-22-09 09:13 PM
    yeah shouldnt have to go through ins for that... referb = CLNR (certified like new replacement)
    06-22-09 09:15 PM
    We replaced one of our two Storms using the monthly-paid insurance (dropped it and cracked the screen). We got a new Storm. It was not a refurb.
    06-22-09 09:15 PM
    Now that i think of it, i dont think most stores have CLNRs for the storms so you may get a new one
    06-22-09 09:16 PM
    Yeah if you get it in store it will be new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:23 PM
    I just got a phone instore. I'm pretty sure it was like new or refurbished (same thing). You can't tell the difference either way.

When getting a new storm, before they activate it, ask to see the device, and make sure it clicks evenly around the ENTIRE SCREEN. I have seen so many storms that click like it's supposed to on one side, but on the other, have some rediculously shallow click. Every time I typed on it I felt like I was slightly jamming my left thumb. It's annoying. Don't "get used" to a crappy storm. Get a good working one from the get go.
    06-22-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD