MY STORM!!

I Jumped out and pulled out the battery right away!!

I plugged the battery in the next morning annnnddd.....

IT WORKS!!! But the battery wont take a charge..... I tried my wifes battery and its allllll good!!!

WOW.... I'M IMPRESSED.... EVERYTHING WORKS!!!
    07-14-09 08:20 AM
    And us lucky Canadian's don't get this insurance crap all these other people get sooooooo if our phones get damaged, we're pretty much effed.
    07-14-09 08:21 AM
    Wow! You are one lucky SOB. What did you do to the ***** that threw you in?
    07-14-09 08:31 AM
    If it happened to me, whoever threw me in would be buying me a new phone, even if it meant paying retail. No doubt about it.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 07-14-09 at 08:39 AM.
    07-14-09 08:35 AM
    I was in Las Vegas and it was 106F out. I had clipped my Nokia phone at the time to the waistband of my bathing suit walking around. I get nearly delirious from the heat and walked into the pool fully submerging the Nokia phone. When I jumped right out I laid the phone pieces out to dry, which they did pretty fast at 106F and may be 15% humidity. It worked- yay! But within about two days the jack foir the headset wouldn't work- contacts corroded...then battery wouldn't charge...within a week the phone was completely dead.

Don't count your chickens just yet.
    07-14-09 09:12 AM
    I was in Las Vegas and it was 106F out. I had clipped my Nokia phone at the time to the waistband of my bathing suit walking around. I get nearly delirious from the heat and walked into the pool fully submerging the Nokia phone. When I jumped right out I laid the phone pieces out to dry, which they did pretty fast at 106F and may be 15% humidity. It worked- yay! But within about two days the jack foir the headset wouldn't work- contacts corroded...then battery wouldn't charge...within a week the phone was completely dead.

Don't count your chickens just yet.
    Whoa now Debbie Downer... Why you gotta break the guys crayons?!!?
    07-14-09 09:17 AM
    And us lucky Canadian's don't get this insurance crap all these other people get sooooooo if our phones get damaged, we're pretty much effed.
    Cant say for telus, But Bell offers insurance. Mind you, ya gotta pay for it. But it covers water damage.
    07-14-09 09:20 AM
    Cant say for telus, But Bell offers insurance. Mind you, ya gotta pay for it. But it covers water damage.
    I didn't know it covered that. We have a corporate Bell plan, and it's pretty damn expensive!
    07-14-09 09:32 AM
    lucky break!!! that's awesome!
    07-14-09 09:40 AM
    Typically I don't think our phone insurance covers water damage. At least mine didn't when my wife sent it through the washing machine.
    07-14-09 10:04 AM
    Well, that's not entirely true. If you use Bell, you can buy a $7/month insurance policy for any phone, and if you one day just decide to put the phone in the bath tub, or step on it or throw it out the window, and notify Bell, you'll get a brand new phone. It's a no-brainer.

I've mentioned this to Telus and asked why they don't have something similar.
    07-14-09 10:08 AM
    Typically I don't think our phone insurance covers water damage. At least mine didn't when my wife sent it through the washing machine.
    I don't get it I thought you "LOST" that phone
    Wink....wink

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:35 AM
    I don't get it I thought you "LOST" that phone
    Wink....wink

Ha ha.. Actually I "DROPPED" it from the top of a ladder.
    07-14-09 10:50 AM
    Most carrier's insurance does not cover water damage. And they'll know.. there's a little sticker that is visible when you open the back cover (sometimes under the battery), that is usually round, sometimes it is all white, sometimes it is red with a white line through it, and when it gets wet, the white part gets stained red.

So, when you turn your phone in for insurance repair/replacement, they will crack this open, and look at this small, easily removed and replaced sticker.

So don't think you can fool them.

*cough*
    07-14-09 10:50 AM
    I've never had a phone with water damage, but I have replaced two "lost" phones.
    07-14-09 11:01 AM
    Wow! You are one lucky SOB. What did you do to the ***** that threw you in?
    the first thing he said was that he'd cover it!! so it was cool.... I was more pissed about the fact that I was waiting for a few important calls (hence why I had the phone in my pocket around a swimming pool...lol

Most carrier's insurance does not cover water damage. And they'll know.. there's a little sticker that is visible when you open the back cover (sometimes under the battery), that is usually round, sometimes it is all white, sometimes it is red with a white line through it, and when it gets wet, the white part gets stained red.

So, when you turn your phone in for insurance repair/replacement, they will crack this open, and look at this small, easily removed and replaced sticker.

So don't think you can fool them.

*cough*
    LOL!! I just got back from Telus with a brand new phone....

*cough* it is a very easily removable and replaceable sticker *cough*
    07-14-09 11:02 AM
    Was is a One-Eyed, One-Horned Flying-Purple-People-Eater?!?!

*just answering to the title.... explains the randomness*
    Last edited by cheech92007; 07-14-09 at 11:25 AM.
    07-14-09 11:23 AM
    I'm glad it's working for you! Bad idea turning it on the next day though. Anytime you have an electronic gadget gets wet, it's best to wait several days to do anything to it, even though you have that urge to try it as soon as possible. Reason being is that there could still be water trapped in the phone and as soon as you send that current through, you could short it all out.

Also, putting it in a bowl of rice is supposed to help draw all the water out for anyone else who might find themselves in your position one day.
    07-14-09 12:37 PM
    Also, putting it in a bowl of rice is supposed to help draw all the water out for anyone else who might find themselves in your position one day.
    +1234

This really does help.
    07-14-09 12:38 PM
    Well at least the guy offered to pay for a new phone. But I still would have giving him a good beating lol jk.

07-14-09 12:49 PM
    U had to make somebody really mad..

07-14-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD