And well, it has the screen clicky problem. Now I'm not going to complain about that, but I called CS and told them about it, they made me to the update to .75 and gave me one **** of a run around.

Eventually they said I am eligible to get a replacement phone. Here is the catch, they said I could go to the store and do it, and let them judge if it is "worthy" of being replaced. Or do it through Telesales, how I ordered the phone, but I would have to wait 2-3 weeks in order to receive a new one. Now I mentioned that I am on a 30 trial period and mentioned how can I use a defective phone for 3/4 of a TRIAL period. She didn't have an answer.

Now they insist that I contact the person who handled my order from corporate sales and see what he can do.

So is this all BS about the 2-3 weeks? I have been reading people getting theirs shipped the very next day. For those of you who requested replacements what did you do, and what was your experience?
    12-09-08 09:02 PM
    Just call in again and let them go through the process where they go through tech support for a replacement.. just tell them the screen is unresponsive in the certain areas.. I would think they wouldnt have a problem with it.
    12-09-08 09:04 PM
    Dial *611 and speak to a blackberry rep. They seem to know the problem and didn't give me any bs about getting a replacement. I had the new one here in 2 days.
    12-09-08 09:05 PM
    Also tell them the screen wont click as in hardware not software.
    12-09-08 09:05 PM
    Also tell them the screen wont click as in hardware not software.
    now they are saying they can send me a new one, but just the shell, no accessories no battery... god these ppl are annoying
    12-09-08 09:22 PM
    now they are saying they can send me a new one, but just the shell, no accessories no battery... god these ppl are annoying
    That's BS. Tell them there are problems, you paid good money, you deserve a full replacement. If you have to speak to management....speak to management.

They gave me NONE of these hassles when I called in. Told me to go to my store and get it replaced and I told them it was too far to drive, order a replacement, then drive back once the replacement came in....they'll tell you they CAN'T do it....but tell them you know they can and they should give in easily.
    12-09-08 09:25 PM
    i think I just made this rep crap himself, im really PO'ed
    12-09-08 09:49 PM
    I told the rep about how VZW customers get NEW phones in the 30 day period, and she said yes, and confirmed it would in fact be a new phone that I will be receiving in 2 days. Just bring up their own policy on them...
    12-09-08 09:51 PM
    I been in the same situation. Tech rep told me that only person who I ordered from can help me.

So I called the guy, got him on the phone first time and he asked me about fedex return number on the box,
    which I did not have at the moment. Next 3 days I could not get him on the phone. Every other rep told me that only rep who sold me storm can help me.

I decided to go verizon store and told them about my issue. Only there I got chance to order my replacement which arrives tomorrow. I will post update tomorrow .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:59 PM
    That's crappy. Verizon is switching me from my Dare, which I've had 5 all with the same restart problem, to the Storm. They had to switch my plan ALREADY, to even get the Storm ordered. Now I can't use the Navigator, or the mobile e-mail function without paying for it when it used to included in my nationwide premium plan. So now I'm unable to use features on my current phone(VZ nav isn't the best I know)while I wait for a phone that may or may not ship out on the 15th/16th. Seems like they would've sent it to me sooner, so I wouldn't have to go without my e-mail or switch my plan over when I actually HAVE the phone. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do though.....
    12-09-08 10:02 PM
    AS I posted in another thread.
    I am on my 4th phone. Each was sent next day with no charge and I received it next day.
    All came in retail packs made in Canada. except my current one, it came in a brown box with phone and cover. Made in Mexico. So far this thing is working better than the previous 3. I hope this is the final one.
    Btw, I had no problems with VZW, they were more than eager to get a new phone out to me. I am a new customer to Verizon, I was with them about 5-6 years ago.
    12-09-08 10:28 PM
    Yeah, I've only been a customer for 3 months, but I made sure to tell them that I bought out my US Cellular contract to go over to them, and I wasn't happy about the quality of their "top phones". That's when they offered me the Storm at no charge, which there shouldn't have been anyway.
    12-09-08 10:34 PM
    It seems pretty complicated to get a replacment. The buttons seem to be unresponsive
    At the corner but they still work but it made me want to get a replacement should I ask for a new one?

01-02-09 02:51 PM
    I got crap from Verizon about a replacement to day as well.

I've had it for about for about 25 days, and I have hardware problems.

They definitely don't want to give me a new one, at least without jumping through a bunch of PITA hoops.

Annoying.
    01-02-09 02:56 PM
    That's BS. Tell them there are problems, you paid good money, you deserve a full replacement. If you have to speak to management....speak to management.

They gave me NONE of these hassles when I called in. Told me to go to my store and get it replaced and I told them it was too far to drive, order a replacement, then drive back once the replacement came in....they'll tell you they CAN'T do it....but tell them you know they can and they should give in easily.
    tell me why you need a new 8 gig card and battery?
    You paid good money for them, you get to keep them.
    01-02-09 02:58 PM
    tell them it randomly powers off and you cant take it anymore. that's always replacement material.

Mine was doing that along with the screen not clicking and I got my new one today.
    01-02-09 03:35 PM
    I never had any issues getting a replacement. New in retail box. Just told them the hardware issues and fed ex 2 day shipping it was here.
    01-02-09 03:38 PM
    It seems pretty complicated to get a replacment. The buttons seem to be unresponsive
    At the corner but they still work but it made me want to get a replacement should I ask for a new one?

You should definitely get a replacement. within 30 days you can get as many replacements as you want. Period. if they give you any heat just hang up and call back to another rep.
    01-02-09 04:30 PM
    I'm on my 3rd storm, I got my second, brand new, no hassle, in the store, got it home...screen wouldn't click, so I call customer service and get the run around...so the next day I take it to the store and get a brand new one no questions asked...my advice: go to the store.
    01-02-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD