Get the new hardware that fixes those issues? I got my friend breathing down my neck trying to gather as much info as I can on the Storm and had read some are getting new hardware. Wanted to check with this. BTW, you all rock~!
    12-11-08 08:18 PM
    I was at three different verizon stores today to test out different storms (which out of all four only one of them worked how i would expect this device to) any way the sales rep at all of them told me that the new ones all would be shipped out wiht the newest software upgrade however theyll say anything to sell these things
    12-11-08 08:21 PM
    Thats true. I suggested he hold off but hes got an itchy trigger finger.
    12-11-08 08:24 PM
    Mine is fine , and on TMO. Got mine Sat and made in Canada
    12-11-08 08:26 PM
    Unlikely. At the earliest, I would expect that they might shut down production around Christmas time and then POSSIBLY do a little bit of retooling of the manufacturing plants. But that really probably only means people who get their phones from mid to late February would be getting the slightly tweaked hardware revision and possibly getting the phone flashed with .75 direct from the factory.

Otherwise, I expect the assembly lines have been going pretty much non-stop since the pre-launch supply ramp up. And really they might just be tweaking the amount of torque put on some of the screws. There WILL NOT be any kind of significant hardware changes until the Storm 2 or whatever the Storm's successor is.
    12-11-08 08:29 PM
    Man this forum is no joke. I spend most of my time in the Bold area and threads dont shift as much there as in here. Anyway, thanks for the info. So there is no difference in these 2 Storms?
    12-11-08 08:59 PM
    I think he was referring to a future model, nothing that is out now or being planned(that we know of). If you friend it itching to get it then he should! It is a decent phone, just make sure he updates the software when he gets it, thats all
    12-11-08 09:13 PM
    Man this forum is no joke. I spend most of my time in the Bold area and threads dont shift as much there as in here. Anyway, thanks for the info. So there is no difference in these 2 Storms?
    Aside from some possible minor tweaks to the manufacturing process, no, they will be exactly the same. Until the Storm 2, each and every Storm off the assembly line will be nearly identical. They MIGHT at some point do a hardware refresh like LG did with the Voyager, but there's not a chance they'd do something like that so early.

If you get a Storm before February or March, and possibly even then, it will almost certainly have all the same little "defects" that people are reporting now. You just do not shut down a working assembly line unless you absolutely have to, it's as simple as that.
    12-11-08 09:16 PM
    Got mine yesterday, made in Mexico. Works great, did the OTA upgrade and it rocks. Really like the device.
    12-11-08 09:20 PM
    Aside from some possible minor tweaks to the manufacturing process, no, they will be exactly the same. Until the Storm 2, each and every Storm off the assembly line will be nearly identical. They MIGHT at some point do a hardware refresh like LG did with the Voyager, but there's not a chance they'd do something like that so early.

If you get a Storm before February or March, and possibly even then, it will almost certainly have all the same little "defects" that people are reporting now. You just do not shut down a working assembly line unless you absolutely have to, it's as simple as that.
    Simple economics also. Imagine how much it would cost them to shutdown and scrap all current "problematic" storms and begin shipping out the new ones.
    12-11-08 09:23 PM
    Wait a couple more months if you want things to be fixed. There are still issues even after the .75 update. like video does not work and things still hang occasionally.
    12-11-08 09:50 PM
    Simple economics also. Imagine how much it would cost them to shutdown and scrap all current "problematic" storms and begin shipping out the new ones.
    Yes and then they have to waste money on ceremoniously burning the defective units. What then sir? WHAT THEN DAMNIT?!
    12-12-08 05:58 AM
    Did I miss a news flash?

Where has it been said New Hardware for this model exists or is even is forthcoming?
    12-12-08 11:49 AM
    Just got mine today - made in Mexico, did not have .75.

Lot of light leakage (I prefer the term "seepage," however).

Doing OTA right now - it's telling me it may take a couple of hours. I'm planning on playing with it for a couple of weeks.

Longtime BB user, but have my doubts about this, b/c I type ~30-35 wpm on my 8830...

Greg
    12-12-08 04:56 PM
    Did I miss a news flash?

Where has it been said New Hardware for this model exists or is even is forthcoming?
    By all the 10 year old attention whores who keep posting crap like that, even though there's absolutely nothing to it. Sadly there's always a few people who buy into this crap, or just don't have any real idea about the economics of mass production. They seem to think that just because some new firmware update has been released, all new units coming out of the factory will be flashed with this. Anyone who's had to take a POM class or two in college should know better.
    12-12-08 05:28 PM
    Received mine today.. Canadian version 19502 with .75 already installed.. Prod date 12-6-08..

All seems well so far. But I will wait until I get a full charge to check out all the "issues" that have been reported. At first use it doesn't seem to have the usual "corner click" issues reported but I'll know more in the AM.....
    12-12-08 07:16 PM
    Received mine today.. Canadian version 19502 with .75 already installed.. Prod date 12-6-08..

All seems well so far. But I will wait until I get a full charge to check out all the "issues" that have been reported. At first use it doesn't seem to have the usual "corner click" issues reported but I'll know more in the AM.....
    You'll know right away if your screen has problems clicking on the edges. Mine had it right out of the box. Ordered my new this past Tues and got it Wed. working great now. Old was 19502 and my new one is 21009.
    12-12-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD