I had an 8830 before this but I find that I'm far more addicted to the Storm (probably because of its HTML browser). In fact its so bad that I was out celebrating my friend's birthday and I was talking...half wasted...to this girl and I pull out my phone to check if its ok (yeah I do that occassionally...plus I like to click on the screen during the most random seemingly inopportune times) and I see this "SIM CARD NOT DETECTED!" glaring at me in evil red letters.

I stop talking mid conversation and perform a battery pull only to be greeted by the VZW logo stuck on my phone (go figure the first time I have an issue with .83 is when I'm in a bar talking to a girl) so I try again, this time with both the battery and media card removed (the logo came up after my phone told me that I have a media card inserted).

All the while the girl I was talking to says "ummm...what are you doing?" Not like she'd ever understand battery pulls, she has an iPhone, if her phone crashes she just has to light it on fire, throw it into a wall, and get another one.

So the battery and card pull returned the phone to normal, but I spent the rest of the night periodically checking to make sure my beloved Blackberry was ok...in fact I almost hoped on these forums while inebriated to search for others who've had the same problem.

...is anyone else THIS bad?

And to clarify, I'm 24 years young so I'm into the whole bar/meeting people/staring at my Storm kinda thing.
    12-23-08 01:42 PM
    all the time. my girlfriend yells at me every day for this reason.
    12-23-08 01:58 PM
    happens to me all the time, but even all my friends with dumb phones are on them all the time, really. they just don't have anything to brag about at a bar
    12-23-08 02:06 PM
    Allday Everyday!!!!!
    12-23-08 02:07 PM
    I like to have alone time with my storm. Did the same with my curve. My girl said I have an addiction, nah just enjoy the blackberry...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 02:08 PM
    Texting in the car, browsing the web in class, brick breaker in the office, and word mole on the toilet!

Ahh, how I love my Storm.
    12-23-08 02:10 PM
    thats a usual for me, always looking for a reason to check my bb or constantly stare at it looking for that red flashing lightt
    12-23-08 02:11 PM
    I was at a family Christmas Party last night, and my wife pointed out that I was sitting on a couch "playing" with my phone the entire night.

I didn't realize that I was doing it, but once it was pointed out to me, I have to admit that I was.

I don't think I missed much. My family isn't that interesting anyway.
    12-23-08 02:11 PM
    My wife is constantly saying to me, you are being rude. Put that thing down and stop surfing crackberry or what ever you are doing.
    12-23-08 02:13 PM
    yea all the time.
    12-23-08 02:13 PM
    i ignore people who send me instant messages on facebook and i ignore texts and everything because of it
    12-23-08 02:29 PM
    Be pickier with your friends. How can you befriend and iPhone owner?

My wife used to yell all the time. Then I got her a Pearl. Now I yell at her...
    12-23-08 02:32 PM
    You're right...I should know better.
    12-23-08 02:43 PM
    I'm in IT, so my co-workers understand. I find myself on crackberry trying to find fixes for my friends phones, now that only a crackberry user could understand!
    12-23-08 02:44 PM
    Im 34 and have 2 kids at home, when i am in the bar (every day after work) i am more about the guinness then talking to the women sorry! lol
    12-23-08 02:52 PM
    Im 34 and have 2 kids at home, when i am in the bar (every day after work) i am more about the guinness then talking to the women sorry! lol
    Every day after work?
    12-23-08 02:56 PM
    Heh, a friend of mine just asked me a couple days ago why i was being anti-social, who knows...
    12-23-08 02:59 PM
    YUUP unfortunately but its hard to not be on the thing constantly...

helped when I was waiting for a table for lunch ... 15 min went by like that!
    12-23-08 03:00 PM
    Every day after work?

Except Saturday and sunday......i dont work those days
    12-23-08 03:07 PM
    Most people quickly get addicted to their BlackBerry and don't realize that they have become a slave to their smartphone.

It is essential to remember that the BlackBerry should be working for you, instead of you working for it.

If you want to get rid of your BlackBerry addiction, here is a first starter: How to Break your BlackBerry addiction | BlackBerry Productivity
    12-23-08 03:14 PM
    I'm pretty good about trying not to play with the phone in group situation. This is because of the fact that I constantly complain about other people doing it. However with the storm I have to admit I find myself pulling it out at times I previously wouldn't with my other phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 03:26 PM
    Left Friday on a 4 hour trip to visit friends. My wife wanted to drive so she would not be board just sitting there for 4 hour. Plugged in the storm to the car charger and the next thing you know we were there. My wife says I am definately addicted, and my response.......I guess so.

spent most of the time on Crackberry.com, so i guess it is a double addiction.
    12-23-08 03:30 PM
    I try to keep it in my pocket when I am with people talking.....that is until I feel that vibration and the "Ding" that comes after it. Then I break out into a cold sweat trying to stop myself from taking it out to read the message that just came in. Also, before I go to bed, I surf the web on it to read some news and then I place it in my cradle on my nightstand only to take it out of it first thing in the AM to do it all over again.
    12-23-08 03:46 PM
    all the time now. its an addiction.
    12-23-08 03:47 PM
    My storm addiction is far worse than iPhone addiction.. Probably because I have used Mac's for so long and the whole BB thing is new to me.. I seriously have to watch myself around my girlfriend though!
    12-23-08 03:49 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD