Hi there everyone, so please forgive the ignorance, however, everytime my phone reboots I get this message about smswakeup....what is that all about?
    01-20-09 10:16 PM
    Hi there everyone, so please forgive the ignorance, however, everytime my phone reboots I get this message about smswakeup....what is that all about?
    The last time I saw that file name was with winmo (windows mobile) and from what I know about that, its a file that is supposed to wake the device when you receive a new SMS.

As far as I know there isn't an option OEM to do this stock. Do you have BBlight, or whatever the name of the app that turns on the display when you get an email or sms? it could be coming from that, if not, I dunno.
    01-20-09 10:29 PM
    Phone is a few hours old...no software installed on it yet? Seems really odd?
    01-20-09 10:32 PM
    Phone is a few hours old...no software installed on it yet? Seems really odd?
    Ya that does sound weird. did it fully boot? can you check what version of the software is on it?
    01-20-09 10:33 PM
    ....and you are sure that it's an .exe??
    01-20-09 10:36 PM
    I just hit allow and it did boot, I am running 4.7.0.75

It only shows when the phone reboots.

I can get it to stop showing that message, just click on do not show again, however, I want to know what the heck it is...lol.

Thanks!
    01-20-09 10:37 PM
    ....and you are sure that it's an .exe??
    I am almost positive that I saw it show an .exe extension.
    01-20-09 10:38 PM
    Man, that is weird... but you've got it running as I see, welcome to the battery pull... maybe it will be gone after 2 or 3... otherwise you could try to update to a later build...
    01-20-09 10:41 PM
    Man, that is weird... but you've got it running as I see, welcome to the battery pull... maybe it will be gone after 2 or 3... otherwise you could try to update to a later build...
    Ya I'm confused, like I said, I saw that file before, but it was for sprint's HTC Diamond. And I believe the HTC Touch Pro.
    01-20-09 10:51 PM
    I just had the same app ask for permissions
    ...I denied it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 10:51 PM
    I just hit allow and it did boot, I am running 4.7.0.75

It only shows when the phone reboots.

I can get it to stop showing that message, just click on do not show again, however, I want to know what the heck it is...lol.

Thanks!
    Ok dieselpowered, does your phone display light up when you get a text? or email?
    01-20-09 10:53 PM
    Ya I'm confused, like I said, I saw that file before, but it was for sprint's HTC Diamond. And I believe the HTC Touch Pro.
    today it's like wm all over again...LOL...
    peolpe having themes and sms wake up problems... what's next a PDA VIET Rom?!
    01-20-09 10:57 PM
    Sounds to me that file simply wakes the phone when a sms message is received.

I can continue to get the message with a battery pull as well.

Sounds like it could just be a security thing.
    01-20-09 11:01 PM
    Sounds to me that file simply wakes the phone when a sms message is received.
    Right, but the phone doesn't do this. Now I'm curious if this is something that's in there that hasn't been activated or implemented yet.
    01-20-09 11:27 PM
    Hmmm now I must say that I have no idea then?
    01-20-09 11:30 PM
    i had it and removed it with BBsak and my phone seems ok.
    08-11-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD