I tend to get a fair number of SMS's during the day. Sometimes I am busy, or am in a noisy location so I am not hearing the tone to alert me of an incoming SMS. The way my phone is now, I get a single alert for a new sms. I would prefer that it continued to alert me (every five minutes or so) until I acknowledged the sms. Can this be done on the Storm or any bb device?
    11-26-08 08:11 PM
    Bump! Anyone have an answer for this please?
    11-27-08 02:44 PM
    as far as i've seen, this can't be done on the storm yet
    11-27-08 02:47 PM
    just turn the coverage indicator on and it will blink red every couple seconds.
    11-27-08 02:47 PM
    Not yet? Would you anticipate that a software update will be coming to add this capability? I am new to BB (previously I was a motorola guy). Do other BB devices do this already?
    11-27-08 02:49 PM
    This could actually be a deal killer for me. I need to be reminded of things more than ONCE! I can't be the only one out there (wives and girlfriends need not reply to that!! ). Seriously, does this function exist on other bb devices?
    11-27-08 03:37 PM
    This can be done with the use of bbalerts which can be set to how often you wish to be reminded and the option to choose how and by what methods.

Only having a bold I can't however confirm that bbalerts software will work on the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:46 PM
    This looks promising......working on a turkey right now.....will try it out later tonight or in the morning. Thanks for the hint!
    11-27-08 04:03 PM
    Not yet? Would you anticipate that a software update will be coming to add this capability? I am new to BB (previously I was a motorola guy). Do other BB devices do this already?
    No BlackBerry naturally has that feature to it. I don't know why. Just like no BlackBerry can ring and vibrate at the same time naturally. Now, there are third party programs out there that solve these issues.
    11-27-08 04:06 PM
    Strange that they do not naturally have these things while most every other phone I have had did have them. Thanks for the answers. At least now I know for certain that I need to look to third party software to resolve this one.
    11-27-08 04:09 PM
    It is very strange that BB's don't naturally do this. You're right, every phone on the market does it naturally...even the free ones!
    11-27-08 04:10 PM
    BB Alerts. Worked great on my Curve and so far has been working with no issues on my Storm.
    (Version 1.65)
    Google for BBymel and you'll find it fast
    11-27-08 04:32 PM
    I'd like to know on a similar subject how to change text tones to different people and not have the same one ring for everyone. I tried setting it up on their pro but didn't work. Also what is original tone for text?
    11-27-08 05:09 PM
    I'd like to know on a similar subject how to change text tones to different people and not have the same one ring for everyone. I tried setting it up on their pro but didn't work. Also what is original tone for text?
    Click on sounds and then go to set ring tones. It will give you the option to change for individuals.
    11-27-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks and what of the original tone for texts? I really liked but don't remember what it was called
    11-27-08 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD