Here are the email addresses to use to send emails as SMS. Remember texts do have 160 character limit and I believe (I could be wrong) your email address counts towards the 160 characters.

Alltel
    [10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
    Example: [email protected]

AT&T
    [10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net

Boost Mobile
    [10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com

Nextel
    [10-digit telephone number]@messaging.nextel.com

Sprint PCS
    [10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile
    [10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net

Verizon
    [10-digit phone number]@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile USA
    [10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com

* Remember no brackets [] for the numbers and no dashes or spaces (obviously, email addresses don't have spaces) and no "1" in front of area code.

*** SMS411 ***
    08-29-09 03:56 AM
    By the way, I'm on VZW and I tested the above with a friend with AT&T. These to seem to take longer to be delivered then standard SMS but if you have a data plan, you don't need a text plan.

Also, you can send email to AT&T in lieu of sending a MMS. It does work but slower.

[10-digit phone number]@mms.att.net

* Does anybody know if there's a size limit on the picture that gets sent as an email but meant to be a mms?
    08-29-09 04:01 AM
    MMS has size limitations. Idk if its network based though. Google might find something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 12:09 PM
    ok just tried sendin by email again and this is what i get

DELIVERY STATUS NOTIFICATION (FAILURE)

the following message sent to "number"@txt.att.net was undelivarable
    the reason for the problem: 5.1.0 unknown adress error550-invalid recipient
    08-29-09 01:06 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something...because I have aim on my phone and I don't see a way to send an IM to their number...care to elaborate?

Like I said earlier, you have to add a mobile number to your buddy list on the computer (it's a little different for each version of AIM), then it will show up on your phone's buddy list and you can IM that number.

Edit: For the version of AIM that I have (6.9.15.1), you click "Add Buddy", then change the drop down box to "mobile number". then just type in the mobile number, give a nickname if you want, and click save and it appears on your buddy list. Now you can IM that mobile number from your phone and it sends texts to the other person.
    Last edited by jlawler4; 08-29-09 at 11:39 PM.
    08-29-09 11:34 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something...because I have aim on my phone and I don't see a way to send an IM to their number...care to elaborate?

u just open the menu and go to SEND IM TO...and put the number startin with +1(areacode)(number)
    08-30-09 01:22 AM
    Attempts to send a sms via yahoo and aim were unsuccessful. Do I have to add the number as a contact?

08-30-09 02:07 AM
    Attempts to send a sms via yahoo and aim were unsuccessful. Do I have to add the number as a contact?

no u dont have to add them as contactz just go to SEND IM TO and put the number
    08-30-09 04:23 AM
    Here's the Wikipedia list of all the SMS/MMS email carrier addresses:

List of carriers providing SMS transit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've used AIM a ton for SMS from both my computer and BB. It's great when it works, but some people say they never get the initial request from AOL.

After a while of doing both of these things with my 3 straggler friends who still didn't have a BB or some sort of smart phone, I think my "Srsly, you still have a razr? You have to get a BlackBerry" became so annoying that they finally got one just to shut me up
    08-30-09 05:51 AM
    i still cant figure out why i cant send text through email =[...i already tried a million times and it wont work =[
    08-30-09 04:38 PM
    Malvado, email me and we'll figure it [email protected]
    08-30-09 09:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD