I did the .114 upgrade and now I cant recieve text messages.

Here are a couple things that started happening to me last night (24 hours after installing .114)

My SMS/MMS folder is gone. I can still send SMS/MMS but I am not recieving them.

This error message comes up when I do a battery pull "Uncaughtexception:Java.Long.NullPointerExcept ion"

If I go into the generic message folder, click view folders and try to click SMS inbox I get that same message.

and lastly, that damn Voicemail Notification (tape icon) wont get off my screen no matter how many times I verify my voicemail is empty. (Yes I am using Visual Voicemail)

The VM icon while annoying is the least of my worries

Id appreciate of anyone could help me. I use text often for my job and not being able to use them for an extended period of time will just ruin my day.

Please post here of Private message me any solutions!

If no solutions if anyone can tell me how to remove .114 and go back to .109 that would be appreciated too!

Thanks in advance.
    03-13-09 10:30 AM
    My SMS icon disappeared, and I got it back with this suggestion from another thread.

Its probably because the new theme uses a combined inbox (email, SMS and MMS together). Open the "messages" icon. then "blackberry button" "options" "general options" there should be an option "SMS and Email Inboxes". Choose "seperate" and you should get your SMS icon back.

The default setting is "Theme Controlled". Which is removing your SMS inbox.
    Can't post the link because I'm a n00b and you need to have at least ten posts before posting links or images.

Hope it helps.
    03-13-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD