Periodically throughout the day text messages will have a 10+ minute delay when sending. I'm sending to other Verizon user's so I can see when the message is delivered. I went to my local Verizon store for support and they issued a replacement device (it's so much fun setting the device up again..) and not even 24 hours later I'm noticing text messages still having delays that weren't there when I got my original device back in February. It's just been over the last 2 months this has been happening.

I'm using the AppleBerry Dark theme and before that was using the AppleBerry stacks theme (no one has mentioned any issues relating to this in either threads and I don't see how a theme could cause a delay)

Third party apps currently installed (I haven't installed all my old apps yet)
    - Pandora
    - Bolt Browser
    - App World
    - QuickPull

I used to have more but haven't loaded any on as I thought it was possible an app was causing the issue.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions as to what I can do to resolve this? Verizon just keeps offering to issue another replacement and quite frankly I don't feel like setting up another Storm every time I have a problem, I would prefer that they provide customer service and troubleshoot the issue or at least pretend to look further into it rather than saying "We'll send you a replacement."

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!
    07-09-09 07:42 AM
    I don't believe this has anything to do with your device. I have a friend using an LG Voyager on Verizon and we text many times throughot the course of the day... have for the last year.

Recently she began experiencing a similar issue where her texts (some of them, anyway) would be sent but not deliver... sometimes upwards of 45 mins. This, however, only appears to be one way, as all texts I send to her seem to be going through and delivered as normal.
    07-09-09 09:02 AM
    Try manage connections > turn all connections off > restore connections + dial *22899 for programming/PRL (preferred roaming list) update.
    07-09-09 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD