Question...if i wanted to send a extra long message sms is there a way to change a option where i can create up to 6 messages in one rather than having to open n create a whole new sms in the middle of a message?
    05-03-09 04:04 AM
    I've heard some say to create it as an MMS and that should allow you to create a long one. Or you could change providers... I love my bold for this reason
    05-03-09 04:39 AM
    Ok, since the mod deleted my original post....

No, you cannot create a message longer than 160 characters on SMS with Verizon on the Storm. It's a Verizon thing.

No, you cannot shut it off

You can bypass it by sending a MMS

I wish I had a dollar for as many times as I helped answer this question, lol I'd be rich
    05-03-09 04:43 AM
    The op isn't asking if you can make a txt with more than 160 characters. They are asking if the storm will automatically create a new "page" for the continuation of a txt, as most all feature phones and dumb phones do.

Unfortunately, no the storm does not create more than one SMS page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 09:54 AM
    I have not tried sending it via mms but that makes sense it would work. You could also send an email to the other persons cellular phone email address, 5555555555[at]vtext.com for example.
    05-03-09 10:26 AM
    That sucks.
    When I compose an SMS it shows 1/6, 2/6 etc as I concatenate. Up to SMS concatenated sms'd.

verizon must be silly... I mean substituting mms is not a very feasible option, and kind of defeats the quick, shorthand way of sending an adhoc message...
    05-04-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD