Hi guys. First post here.

I've been thinking about buying a Storm for a little while, and depending on how .99 performs over time will be a big influence.

Anyway, I've found out through some searching that you cannot send an SMS over 160 characters. However, if somebody sends you an SMS over 160 characters, will you be able to receive the message in its entirety or just the first 160 characters?

I'm just curious because I know that Verizon automatically concatenates SMS messages when they're beyond the character limit.

Thanks in advance.
    02-01-09 12:01 PM
    if you have a data plan you can send your message using mms
    02-01-09 12:11 PM
    Well I know that, but what about if another verizon user sends me a text over 160 characters just using SMS (since Verizon allows you to send longer SMS to other Verizon users who do not have smartphones)
    02-01-09 12:22 PM
    you will receive the entire message split into 160 character texts. example, someone sends you a 200 character message, you will receive 2 text.

you CAN send a message over 160 characters also. you just have to send it as an mms instead of a sms. it really isn't as big a deal as some people have made it seem to be.
    02-01-09 12:23 PM
    All SMS have a 160 limit. it is not exclusive to BB's or smartphones. It is exclusive to the wireless server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 01:14 PM
    All SMS have a 160 limit. it is not exclusive to BB's or smartphones. It is exclusive to the wireless server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    some phones allow you to continue to type a message longer than 160 lines and will split the message into parts. my moto krzr did. my storm wont let me type a sms longer than 160. that depends on the phone itself.
    02-01-09 01:27 PM
    This doesnt happen on Vodafone. We can send SMS longer than 160 characters
    02-01-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD