How does one turn them off? I see the icon that says I have a voicemail, I dont need a text as well
    01-06-09 02:20 PM
    Welcome to BB, you can't!
    01-06-09 02:26 PM
    Sure you can...

1) activate the phone app
    2) click the BB button, select "Options"
    3) select "Call Logging"
    4) select the "none" option
    5) enjoy a frosty beer (optional)
    01-06-09 02:34 PM
    Sure you can...

1) activate the phone app
    2) click the BB button, select "Options"
    3) select "Call Logging"
    4) select the "none" option
    5) enjoy a frosty beer (optional)
    that only diables missed calls being logged in your messge folder.

as stated above, there is no way to turn off VM notification in your message folder. this seems to be carrier related.
    01-06-09 02:36 PM
    The other solution is to use YouMail - they have an option to have: SMS Notifications, SMS & Email or Email with an MP3/Wav of your voicemail - and pretty much all combinations of the above.

I've been using YouMail for a couple of weeks now and have had a very good experience - you can check your VM's online too.
    01-06-09 02:37 PM
    Ah - my bad. I've had simulscribe since before I got my Storm, I had no idea that there was also an SMS sent via the carrier...since simulscribe "hijacks" my voicemails.

Mea culpa.

Feel free to proceed with step 5 anyway.
    Last edited by dsniegocki; 01-06-09 at 03:03 PM.
    01-06-09 02:45 PM
    I've never had a text with VZW on any phone before my Storm...I'm gonna try tech support and see what they say...

BTW, before I created a new thread....would you believe I searched and found this one???
    03-25-09 05:52 PM
    Youmail with the Vymail app on the storm works flawless. Its better than the native visual voicemail app and it allows you set the sms notices sent to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 06:07 PM
    Found out it is not a carrier issue, rather a BB issue
    03-25-09 06:23 PM
    I asked at the store yesterday and they said there's no way to get rid of it. Ugh... I hate it. I hate that I get 2 notifications that i have a voicemail or 2 notifications thta my bill has been paid. Verizon is a buit overcommunicative I think.
    04-30-09 02:55 PM
    I started getting these sms messages every time i had a voice mail waiting after i upgraded my blackberry to a BOLD.
    I went through my voice mail settings and could not find any option to diable this, so & called at&t wireless support, the first person said just reply to the message and put STOP or CANCEL in the reply. the problem is, there is no option to reply to these messages.
    So I called att back, the next person tried disabling administrative notifications, that did not work, so my incident was escalated, that person deleted my mailbox and recreated it, then after reinitializing it (my mailbox), this appears to have 'fixed' the problem as long as I don't click SAVE (click OK instead) on the network notification. I still have two notifications when I get a voice mail, but at least I don't have to go delete the sms messages (which is a real pain, as I don't text)
    06-05-09 02:21 PM
    I know sometimes I feel like I am working for my Blackberry keeping it happy instead of it working for me. I mean do I really need a 1)missed call alert 2)pop up message 3) SMS message 4)VM icon 5)missed call icon 6)Blinking red light. Good grief. At least give me the option to turn them off.

If you do call your Verizon VM and go through the settings menu you can turn off VM alerts but the problem is that turns everything off. You never know if you have a VM unless you call and Check. So it seems it is all or nothing until RIM makes a change.
    06-05-09 03:41 PM
    Everytime I try to run YouMail it tells me that it "has been denied the "Phone" permission." How do I get around that one?
    06-05-09 04:08 PM
    I use VZW's visual voice mail, and I don't get sms notifications, for what it's worth.
    06-05-09 05:42 PM
    I use VZW's visual voice mail, and I don't get sms notifications, for what it's worth.
    +1 here ...
    06-05-09 06:03 PM
    I'm new to this. Where does one find VZW's "visual voice mail". Thanks.
    06-19-09 12:43 PM
    Welcome to BB, you can't!
    LOL great advice. You sure about that?
    06-19-09 12:54 PM
    Everytime I try to run YouMail it tells me that it "has been denied the "Phone" permission." How do I get around that one?
    You edit the app permissions and give it phone access.
    06-19-09 12:55 PM
    there is no way to turn off the notifications. But IMO the visual voicemail is glitchy and doesn't really work right, at least not for me
    06-30-09 09:13 PM
    okay so this is what a verizon tech told me on the phone, after 30min of waiting and being redirected

the voice mail indicator only shows up because of the SMS that your phone receives saying that you have a voicemail

without the SMS, your phone would never know that it has a voicemail in the first place - thus there isn't any way to turn off this SMS indicator without also turning off the message waiting indicator (you can turn off BOTH from your voicemail options)

hope this clears things up for people
    06-30-09 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD