There are times on my Storm that I receive a SMS message and I don't realize it until later in the day. The icon does not show that there is a message. I am use to having a window on the screen saying that I have a new message. Is there any way on the storm, even with additional software to better notify me of an SMS?
    01-29-09 09:59 AM
    I find the SMS notification to be extremely inconsistent. It USUALLY shows the astrisk on the SMS app icon, but I only get an audible indication and flashing red light about 20-25% of the time. If I exchange, say 10 SMS messages back and forth with a friend over 20-25 minutes, only about 2 of them will actually generate an audible alert and flashing red light (with my sound and notifications profile set to 'normal'). I find this particularly annoying, especially when the only way to check is to "light up the screen, which drains the battery. Seems like really sloppy programming to me. I suppose I can spend $30 on BBAlerts or some other third party software, but I lothe to pay for something that comes standard on the device (but doesn't really work). And I'm not totally confident that BBALerts would do what the blackberry notification system cant. After all, BBAlerts still needs to be 'triggered' by something - most likely something from the OS. Which obviously doesn't work properly.

"oh well". I guess that's what we get for buying a beta device. Unfortunately, we didn't get the option of paying "beta prices" for the phone or "beta prices" for the monthly service :-(
    01-29-09 10:25 AM
    Which OS are you guys running?
    01-29-09 10:50 AM
    There are times on my Storm that I receive a SMS message and I don't realize it until later in the day. The icon does not show that there is a message. I am use to having a window on the screen saying that I have a new message. Is there any way on the storm, even with additional software to better notify me of an SMS?
    There is an app by Aerize Alerts that allows you turn have "on screen" notifications, complete with a partial read of the message for SMS/MMS and emails in any combination. I will give you the exact name of the app. after my phone finishes booting back up.
    01-29-09 10:55 AM
    PeekAWho is another option as well as Aerize Alerts...although PeekAWho is a memory hog
    01-29-09 11:04 AM
    There is an app by Aerize Alerts that allows you turn have "on screen" notifications, complete with a partial read of the message for SMS/MMS and emails in any combination. I will give you the exact name of the app. after my phone finishes booting back up.
    Actually, it is called Aerize Alerts
    01-29-09 11:35 AM
    I'm using 4.7.0.75. I agree with not wanting to pay for software that should work properly, but I also don't care for just having an asterisk. I kind of like to have more of a notification of a message. The red light works, but it also flashes every time I get an email, so I don't know what it is flashing for. I'll look into Aerize Alerts.
    01-29-09 12:41 PM
    I've been having this problem as well. Running the .75 OS, I rarely get an audible tone when I receive an SMS or MMS. Email seems to do it every time, but when I get a text I hardly ever hear my phone make noise. The light flashes, I get the asterisk, but no sound...
    01-29-09 01:01 PM
    We use bblights for a visual alert on .75 and have not had any problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 01:08 PM
    Yeah...that is pretty strange. I haven't had a single problem with my storm notifying me about any alerts...but I am on .75 also. I don't know fi that makes a difference or not
    01-29-09 01:59 PM
    Ah, I had that problem on .75 too. I didn't have it on .86 and I am now on .90 without the problem.
    01-29-09 02:02 PM
    Yeah...that is pretty strange. I haven't had a single problem with my storm notifying me about any alerts...but I am on .75 also. I don't know fi that makes a difference or not
    Me neither, I get the alerts all the time. I'm not really a fan of how the Storm does it, but it does work correctly for me on .75.
    01-29-09 02:22 PM
    I'm using 4.7.0.75. I agree with not wanting to pay for software that should work properly, but I also don't care for just having an asterisk. I kind of like to have more of a notification of a message. The red light works, but it also flashes every time I get an email, so I don't know what it is flashing for. I'll look into Aerize Alerts.
    BBalerts works good...u can have diff colors for each message, like i have purple for sms, blue for emails and teal for missed calls.
    01-29-09 02:38 PM
    I am running 4.07.078 and have a similar issue with sms alerts. E mail alerts work consistently but SMS is real hit and miss..sometimes vibe, sometimes audio, sometimes both and sometimes none! Have not been able to narrow this down to any other setting or configuration the phone is in. Seems to have a mind of its own!!
    01-29-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD