For some reason after no changes to the phone today the SMS alert noise stopped working. This only happens if the backlight has gone out. The light blinks red like it always has but no chime. It doesnt matter which profile i put it on or changes to the ringer or settings I make. The emails and other alerts work fine. And when the screen is on it works fine. Unless I am typing another message or such, but i remember that from the Pearl and Curve sometimes. But this no noise thing is strange. I have been running the "leaked" .75 for two days now. Today was the first time it happened around noon. Am I missing some new setting?
    12-03-08 06:18 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? Did you change the profile? You could always try a different profile.
    12-03-08 06:30 PM
    Yeah I tried a battery pull. I have tried more than a few over the past week or so. And the profile change doesnt make a difference either.
    12-03-08 06:34 PM
    i've had the same problem today sometimes it works sometimes it dont
    12-03-08 06:57 PM
    me too. No chime or sound.
    12-14-08 06:12 PM
    ditto, i just rely on the LED turning red :-X
    12-14-08 06:31 PM
    Happens to me randomly as well
    12-14-08 06:43 PM
    Try not using the "notifier" sounds, seemed to work for me. I'm now using sounds from the "BBPro" group.
    12-15-08 12:16 AM
    Yea this happens occasionally to me as well. Battery pull always fixes it.
    12-15-08 12:39 AM
    was having the same problem for awhile. finally called tech support, and they had me do a "wipe phone" .

Obviously, this wiped all of the upgrade data that was on the phone. I saved contacts, calendar, notes etc via backup on the DM.

I reset phone, re-downloaded the OS upgrade, and re-synched the phone.

Has been working ever since. It has been about a week now.

Apparently, they were saying that there must have been some sort of glitch when installing .75.
    12-15-08 09:14 AM
    Same here...I don't get alerts for incoming email. So, I just shut it off and set it to vibrate only. Now, it does vibrate with EVERY emails. lol...go figure.
    12-15-08 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD