Recently I switched to czech language and noticed that my character counter shows only 70 available chars for sms. Czech has some characters beyond ASCII so it switches to unicode, 2 bytes coding. When switched back to english the limit hops back to 160.

I searched here and found solution for other models, which is changing data coding in SMS options. However, it's not present in Storm's sms options, or at least not in OS 5.0.0.328

Is there a direct command or secret menu where I could change SMS Data Coding from UCS2 to 7bit ??

Thx
    12-15-09 10:57 AM
    Dont go to options from within messages as its not in there

Go to your main options page (ie the one with the spanner icon) and go to SMS from there!
    12-15-09 03:40 PM
    Dont go to options from within messages as its not in there

Go to your main options page (ie the one with the spanner icon) and go to SMS from there!
    I did that and it's not there. There are only Conversation style, Show Names, Priority, Callback number and Disable autotext options.
    Maybe it's because I have Storm 9530 which is CDMA version.
    12-19-09 09:22 AM
    It's not a problem to send longer messages, the problem is, that I pay twice as much for them.
    01-16-10 06:00 AM
    Try updating to .419? It's there for me and I have a 9530. But then again I'm also fairly sure that it was there before.
    01-16-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD