Most of my texts are replies to other texts, so it automatically becomes an SMS text. I don't often go over the 160 character limit, but if I'm typing a message I really hate hitting the end and having to either split my message up or rewrite it. I would really love it if they could change their policy so they automatically split apart multiple messages!
    Exactly! I've never owned a BB and even Im disappointed in this device. AND I'm on my 2nd one! This is a simple but small thing they have left out. I'd rather have it work like everything else on the phone.... 1/2 the time. lol

I cant believe how many people settle. I expected more from this phone even from something so simple.
    12-27-08 09:06 AM
    So still 160. Either way - won't work on a BB.
    not true, i just sent a 2 part msg today, on the curve on the top it says how many characters are left in that part and to the right of that it shows how many parts with a max of 6.
    12-27-08 09:16 AM
    My thoughts exactly....My old phone allowed me to go beyond and it would automatically split it up to multiple txts.
    12-27-08 09:24 AM
    ... I really believe it is a Verizon thing for there BlackBerry's and/or smartphones.
    I believe they want to force you to go to as some say MMS...
    It has nothing to do with Verizon. No BlackBerry on any CDMA network can do long SMS messages. And yes, they would rather you do it as MMS since that was designed years after SMS with the ability to send 1000 characters instead of just 160.

I think they just made that limitation on the Storm specifically, because other Verizon phones and other Blackberries can split SMS messages up automatically...
    What other BlackBerries can? Yes, GSM models can, but there are no CDMA models that can, so it's not because of Verizon. Sprint doesn't allow their BB's to do MMS.

not true, i just sent a 2 part msg today, on the curve on the top it says how many characters are left in that part and to the right of that it shows how many parts with a max of 6.
    You have an 8900 which is GSM
    12-27-08 09:45 AM
    yeah cliffr you are right, heres a screenshot for the people that didnt believe
    12-27-08 10:00 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD